IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got myself a Mint SLR670s (basically a refurbished and modified SX-70). Really happy with this camera. This scan using my iPhone and Google PhotoScan really doesn't do it justice. The lens is fucking sharp.

38048183971_7f9c88e064_h.jpg

Edited by oscillik

• 5 weeks later...

I don’t know where else to post this and I don’t want to start a new thread soooo

I’m looking to buy a mirrorless camera to replace my dslr (Nikon d750). It’s a great camera but I hate carrying it around and carrying the lenses and I don’t really need it anymore. I’m looking at Sony a7 ii or maybe just getting the Sony a6300 and spending more on a lens. Anyone got suggestions? Mostly doing outdoors landscape stuff and some night shooting, little bit of portrait. I’ve heard video on the a6300 is very good.

I don’t know where else to post this and I don’t want to start a new thread soooo

I’m looking to buy a mirrorless camera to replace my dslr (Nikon d750). It’s a great camera but I hate carrying it around and carrying the lenses and I don’t really need it anymore. I’m looking at Sony a7 ii or maybe just getting the Sony a6300 and spending more on a lens. Anyone got suggestions? Mostly doing outdoors landscape stuff and some night shooting, little bit of portrait. I’ve heard video on the a6300 is very good.

I've read about Sony cameras "eating stars", so if astrophotography is your bag, you might wanna steer clear from Sony. I'm pretty sure all of the Sony cameras exhibit very noticeable rolling shutter when used for video, though.

Other than that, if you're dead-set on having a 35mm sensor, then Sony mirrorless would be a good choice. Don't poo-poo APS-C sensors though, I've been thoroughly impressed with the image quality coming out of the APS-C cameras I've owned (Fujifilm X100T, Fujifilm X-Pro2).

• 2 months later...

Another amazing barrage of photos from Suffocate Peon

thanks a lot again

too much? I kept adding because one particular photo jarred with another. This thread breaks upon opening on my tablet. I put up something like 110 photos in a row on a photography thread on another forum, mainly to annoy the people on there, although i do like the consistent mood it creates. Someone commented; 'Couldn’t you pick the best three! '.to which a man replied 'To be honest I doubt even he knows which are the good ones', which flipped me out and...i said some...things. 'I'm at a point where I have to think whether it's worthwhile, whether the privilege of an online place to show can offset how upsetting it is'. etc etc a few words i can't remember what i said. Man replied and the gist is/to directly quote him he said it's 'average street photography, with the motion blur and heavy silhouetting on some photos it looks like a sixth form students take on it at that. Boring compositions and un-interesting subjects where you haven't really captured anything, and have just silhouetted them to try to create interest'. So yeah it kind of means a lot for the response on here to be more receptive, i think because i'm really chasing boldness instead of accepting it's futile unless I get intimate access to subjects, shoot on film, find a war zone, maybe travel back in time to the 70s.

man it cuts deep to be described as average. That's the worst thing anyone has ever said to me. I'd rather he hated the harshness.

I dunno, I'm surprised with the edits because they're often beyond what I can hope for, although the freshness only lasts a few days for me. Transforming the ordinary to something unnerving is the addiction. I dunno, I've been surprised, that's probably enough.

Your blue hued urban England shots are beautiful, i don't do colour so don't know, how much can you do in camera? That to me is England. London is urban. England isn't countryside to me really.

Also! Got this. Which made my day/week/month/year/life/afterlife

output_YW4sHf.gif.f4178535c69600cc2ae65c

811.gif.1dbfe288ea4ff418f10a64d2a0858106

Edited by Suffocate Peon

Another amazing barrage of photos from Suffocate Peon

thanks a lot again

too much? I kept adding because one particular photo jarred with another. This thread breaks upon opening on my tablet. I put up something like 110 photos in a row on a photography thread on another forum, mainly to annoy the people on there, although i do like the consistent mood it creates. Someone commented; 'Couldn’t you pick the best three! '.to which a man replied 'To be honest I doubt even he knows which are the good ones', which flipped me out and...i said some...things. 'I'm at a point where I have to think whether it's worthwhile, whether the privilege of an online place to show can offset how upsetting it is'. etc etc a few words i can't remember what i said. Man replied and the gist is/to directly quote him he said it's 'average street photography, with the motion blur and heavy silhouetting on some photos it looks like a sixth form students take on it at that. Boring compositions and un-interesting subjects where you haven't really captured anything, and have just silhouetted them to try to create interest'. So yeah it kind of means a lot for the response on here to be more receptive, i think because i'm really chasing boldness instead of accepting it's futile unless I get intimate access to subjects, shoot on film, find a war zone, maybe travel back in time to the 70s.

man it cuts deep to be described as average. That's the worst thing anyone has ever said to me. I'd rather he hated the harshness.

I dunno, I'm surprised with the edits because they're often beyond what I can hope for, although the freshness only lasts a few days for me. Transforming the ordinary to something unnerving is the addiction. I dunno, I've been surprised, that's probably enough.

Your blue hued urban England shots are beautiful, i don't do colour so don't know, how much can you do in camera? That to me is England. London is urban. England isn't countryside to me really.

Also! Got this. Which made my day/week/month/year/life/afterlife

My art has been called average by several people online. I wouldn't take it personally. It's a highly subjective thing. For me, positive feedback is nice but it's not why I draw/paint/design/whatever. I do it because I'm basically possessed to do it and will probably never stop, whether it makes an impact on anyone or not. The ideas are always flowing and if they interest me then I manifest them digitally or physically. If I keep getting jazzed to do it then I continue.