IGNORED

Recycling in Quaristice

springymajig

I think this might have been discussed before but there seems to be some recycling happening on Quaristice.

I swear fwzE uses bits of Gnit from Tri Repetae, and I am currently listening to the Boogie Down Bronx Gescom track in the other thread and it's got almost exact sounds and melodies from Theswere!

tell me with a straight face that this does not sample at least 2 tracks off tri repeate, but i dont think its bad its pretty awesome

http://vimeo.com/3953671

short AE song made for an alex rutterford advertisement for the onedotzero festival, as far as i know this track is unavailable anywhere else

some of the time, i think it's just presets. ae don't seem averse to using them occasionally.

didn't you point out a default reaktor patch in one track somewhere, awe?

tell me with a straight face that this does not sample at least 2 tracks off tri repeate, but i dont think its bad its pretty awesome

short AE song made for an alex rutterford advertisement for the onedotzero festival, as far as i know this track is unavailable anywhere else

that track is so gorgeous. i would really love an ep/album of similar tracks.

Yeah those drums sound heaps like Dael.

some of the time, i think it's just presets. ae don't seem averse to using them occasionally.

That is true, I certainly don't think this is a bad thing, it's just something I've been particularly fascinated with recently... recycling in music in general. It seems to be quite prominent amongst Japanese artists (Geinoh Yamashirogumi, Boredoms, OOIOO, and Joseph Nothing are admittedly the only ones I can think of but still, I'm sure there's more).

it's just something I've been particularly fascinated with recently... recycling in music in general. It seems to be quite prominent amongst Japanese artists

It's prominent in all forms of music, throughout civilisation. Read "The Rest is Noise", by Alex Ross. You'll find that recycling is a naturall part of music actually.

Guest Abuse

Isn't that Altibzz in the beginning?

Isn't that Altibzz in the beginning?

That could really easily be just Altibzz and bits off Tri Repetae fed into the Machinedrum. It sounds amazing though - why don't they release more stuff like this?

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of my probs with Untilted as an album. When I first heard it, I thought it sounded like a remix/recycling of previous Ae work. Pro Radii, for example, sounded like it used chopped up bits from the basscadet ep era. I'm not a musician so I'm probably wrong, but anyway that's what it sounded like to me. Whereas Draft, Confield, etc all sounded very different from each other...

Guest theSun

i get what you mean, but to me it has the effect of an encompassing ae album that marks the end of a certain philosophy towards their music composition.

Guys, sooner or later you're gonna HAVE to face the fact that Quaristice is just Incunabula backwards ...

he's right, you know

i get what you mean, but to me it has the effect of an encompassing ae album that marks the end of a certain philosophy towards their music composition.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Guys, sooner or later you're gonna HAVE to face the fact that Quaristice is just Incunabula backwards ...

I agree with this too.

*nods twice*

Archived