IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Face shaving FWPs:

1. it always stings my philtrum, unless it is the razor's first run through.  The rest is always painless.  Why is the philtrum such a pain magnet?

2. Regardless of how meticulous I think I'm being, I always find several hidden stubble patches that only ever reveal themselves outside the bathroom.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Could not find any data on the word's popularity, but I found some bad news.  Philtrum is a:

dimple in the middle of the upper lip, 1703, medical Latin, from Greek philtron, literally "love charm" (see philtre).

So, the area which covers the entirety of what I think of erroneously as the "upper lip" still does not have a name.  Philtrum is just the very middle of that area, which I really don't give a shit about.  Christmas is ruined.

My Rytm's screen is suddenly shit. A few months within the 3 year warranty window so can get it fixed but I still have to pay for shipping (one way) but maybe they waive that if it's a legit issue? I dunno. Elektron QC is not good man. Worrying. :/

Just saw a thread the other day by someone whose a4 screen was getting fucked. Fuck. Wonder how Elektron's gonna respond to your issue.

Could not find any data on the word's popularity, but I found some bad news.  Philtrum is a:

dimple in the middle of the upper lip, 1703, medical Latin, from Greek philtron, literally "love charm" (see philtre).

So, the area which covers the entirety of what I think of erroneously as the "upper lip" still does not have a name.  Philtrum is just the very middle of that area, which I really don't give a shit about.  Christmas is ruined.

Oh, goddamn. I think the rest are the philtrum's wings.

A google search of that phrase yields no results, so i don't think that's it.

I really think it's just a common area of the anatomy that somehow hasn't been given a label in the english language.  It's perplexing, but seems to be true.  As someone who shaves/grows the occasional moustache, I am outraged.

Some clusterfuck bullshit going down where I live. Three of my housemates are being evicted. I've already got caught up in it having just woke up at 6pm and trying to get ready for my 6th night shift. Want no part of this nonsense. They have till the end of Febuary so it's gonna be a whole month of retarded stressful wankjobbies.

ok *deep breath*

Karl (Malaysian) bought his family (wife, 16yr old daughter and 19yr old Nephew) over for 'a few months' just before xmas. Wasn't a big issue but understandably there was some grumbling. Opposite end of the flat for me though idgaf (it's a gigantic flat, 7 rooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen has 2xsinks 2xovens).

Gautier (French) occasionally gets into it with Karl's wife. Gautier tends to party, smoke weed, brings a different girl home every week it seems. His room is next door to Karl's. Karl's wife tries to lay down ground rules "I've got a 16yr old girl here (they're muslim and you assume prudish about this kinda thing) she can't be hearing you having sex, let's work out times and days you can bring girls back"

Obviously Gautier, being an arrogant Frenchman, is having none of it "who the fuck are you? You don't even live here" etc

This all came to a head this week when Gautier got home with a girl at midnight on a Tuesday and was playing loud music til 3am. Karl's wife got my room-neighbour George (Egyptian) to knock on his door and ask him to turn it off. Gautier opened the door, found out George was asking on behalf of Karl's wife and promptly slams the door in his face.

Karl's wife calls Karl who apparently was staying somewhere else at the time(??) and he comes over and there's nearly a fist fight. Gautier asks Karl (and rightly so imo) when the fuck are your family fucking off home, they've been here 3 fucking months.  I unfortunately missed all of these festivites as I was at work.

The following day Karl tells George his wife is going back to Malaysia in a week. We all collectively say thank fuck for that.

Four days later George knocks on my door, pissed. Says Karl has just driven to the airport to pick up his son. According to George there are now six of them in that room.

This morning after getting home from work. I have my little Friday mock-evening, a couple of beers, bit of whisky. Get ready for bed. Got to have a piss. Both bathrooms are locked and I can hear water running from both. Say fuck it and go to bed.

When I wake up at 6pm. George immediately follows me to the kitchen and is waving his phone at me while I'm trying to make coffee. First he shows me some out of focus pic of a chinese man. Then some pics of our bathroom he's sent via whatsapp (it's worth noting at this point that George is a serial complainer, he will find any little thing to grouse about to our agent Hamza).

Then he shows me an email from Hamza. It's completely formal which is unusual. It's an eviction notice.

So, I find out from George that all of Karl's family were showering today, one at a time, and took hours. George was pissed as he also wanted a shower and needed to leave for an appointment. He complained to Karl, Karl stopped one of them and freed up the bathroom for George. George goes in and because he is a fusspot takes pictures of stuff like water on the floor, a dirty sink, a full bin.

He tells me he's not going, he will take them to court. Then starts asking me to be a witness in his imaginary retarded court case about too many people living in Karl's room. And then gets passive aggressive when I try to explain to him that they're within their rights to evict him (he didn't sign a new lease so is on a rolling contract) and that my witness statement would be worthless as I'm nowhere near their room. (I'm also obviously aware that I do not want to get mixed up in this retarded clusterfuck)

George leaves in a huff.

Gautier arrives 5 minutes later and starts hammering on George's door. I tell him he's not in. I get the complete story from Gautier who is spitting feathers and calling George every name under the sun.

The Chinese man on whatsapp on George's phone is the head of the whole letting agency. George thought it would be a good idea to tell Our Agent's Boss's Boss about the 6 people living in that room and send him weird pics of our bathroom.

I assume that guy has then come down like a tonne of bricks on our agent Hamza, who it appears was not aware of the Karl situation (we thought he was) or is playing dumb to his boss. Hamza has now had to send out eviction notices to George, Karl and Gautier.

The End.

Edited by hello spiral

Jesus lol... What a mess. I'm picturing it like one of those old black and white silent comedy films with people running in and out of rooms and making all kidns of exaggerated stupid faces etc. 

Glad you're not caught up in that shit. At least the house will be a bit quiet for a while until there are some new tenants.

Bonus - you can go have a wank in the empty rooms when they're gone for a change of scenery.

lol indeed. Living in a fucking sitcom.

The thing that's stressing me out is that thing you do where your mind races and spirals, trying to project every single shitty scenario that may manifest. Also I could end up with a load of actually shitty tenants.

These guys were actually pretty chill to live with for the most part.

lol indeed.

There was a blood moon/eclipse type thing tonight, but I found it quite underwhelming tbqh.

that's what that was. i thought God was angry, i feared for my iddem.