IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Hearing test today. As expected, Noise Induced Hearing Loss. chunky notch around the 4k mark. I was surprised that it's my right is ear that seems most impacted. 

Still early stages, in the "mild" bracket. I really need to upgrade my ear plugs and general ear care when out. Hey ho.

My wife’s friend is going to be performing “In C” with Terry Riley in Kyoto, in Kiyomizu-dera, this month but I can’t go because of previous obligations goddamn it. 

• Sad 1

I can remember a time before the internet, but I can't remember a time before "you're almost out of storage and may not receive emails." Yet I can't ever seem to stop getting emails.  How are all of these things true at once?

• Like 2

got call from brother to let me know he has covid. talked to mom she sounds horrible, is super fatigued so she's got it too but hasn't tested yet.  i tested negative. we traveled on different days so i think they got it on the way back to florida. i wore a mask in the airport terminals because fucking busy af in atlanta and ft lauderdale. 

just ate 8 servings (whole bag) of the simply organic doritos. they were good but wtf. 

payroll company is not doing timely things w/the witholding taxes so i'm getting letters from the oregon deept of revenue and have to deal w/that shit. no one answers the phone there. 

also, have to start low iodide diet next week to prep for radioactive isotope (iodine) treatment in early august. just gonna eat unsalted bananas for 3 weeks i think. 😉

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

got call from brother to let me know he has covid. talked to mom she sounds horrible, is super fatigued so she's got it too but hasn't tested yet.  i tested negative. we traveled on different days so i think they got it on the way back to florida. i wore a mask in the airport terminals because fucking busy af in atlanta and ft lauderdale. 

just ate 8 servings (whole bag) of the simply organic doritos. they were good but wtf. 

payroll company is not doing timely things w/the witholding taxes so i'm getting letters from the oregon deept of revenue and have to deal w/that shit. no one answers the phone there. 

also, have to start low iodide diet next week to prep for radioactive isotope (iodine) treatment in early august. just gonna eat unsalted bananas for 3 weeks i think. 😉

I thought covid let up in the hot seasons. Maybe just something I tell myself. It’s unpleasant wearing a mask on the bus with this scorching heat my areas been getting. 

2 hours ago, YEK said:

I thought covid let up in the hot seasons. Maybe just something I tell myself. It’s unpleasant wearing a mask on the bus with this scorching heat my areas been getting. 

Seems to be particularly bad right now. Quite a few people at my workplace are home sick and saying symptoms are worse than before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YEK said:

i think the waves have always been seasonal right? sort of coincide with elevated travel numbers. my mom sounded worse this time than last time she had it. she's had all the shots.

new variants seem to come and go as often as they always have. i think i'll be back to wearing a mask in crowded indoor spaces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i think the waves have always been seasonal right? sort of coincide with elevated travel numbers. my mom sounded worse this time than last time she had it. she's had all the shots.

new variants seem to come and go as often as they always have. i think i'll be back to wearing a mask in crowded indoor spaces.

Interesting. Well, I’ll continue to get my vaccines despite some of my family’s anti-vaxxer views.
I have yet to get sick. My brother in law is constantly bringing it home from the college he works at. 

Edited by YEK

6 minutes ago, YEK said:

Interesting. Well, I’ll continue to get my vaccines despite some of my family’s anti-vaxxer views.
I have yet to get sick. My brother in law is constantly bringing it home from the college he works at. 

knock wood i've not had it either. at least not that i'm aware of.  had a light flu right at the start of covid and that could've been it but it was before everything closed down and before it was a thing. i had a shit job for several months a while back and talked to some people there who had it 3 or 4 times.  my brother has had at least twice.  mom is on her 2nd go round as well. 

5 hours ago, hello spiral said:

hold up, did someone in this thread just say they were putting shit up their dick?

No, ignatius said he ate too much Cuban food

• Farnsworth 1

someone is sounding themselves whilst on the phone to Joyrex about bullying on the forum.

pretty sure having a disc issue. hard to say. started end of june and now can't stand for more than 5-10 minutes w/o pretty shitty leg pain radiating all the way down to my foot.. also the middle third of my leg including knee goes numb after a while. started taking leftover meloxicam yesterday which is making a dent but wtf. this, right in the middle of prepping for other health shit.  it's what i get for going to florida. 

• Sad 2

On 7/9/2024 at 12:39 PM, chenGOD said:

My wife’s friend is going to be performing “In C” with Terry Riley in Kyoto, in Kiyomizu-dera, this month but I can’t go because of previous obligations goddamn it. 

first-world solution: previous obligation canceled, I'm off to Kyoto this weekend! Woot!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I spent the whole work day hunting for a bug that turned out to be a one character typo made by me. :cisfor: I think I'm ready for the weekend now..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:41 AM, hello spiral said:

hold up, did someone in this thread just say they were putting shit up their dick?

Surely that’s the first world successes thread?

• Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:
On 7/10/2024 at 4:41 PM, hello spiral said:

Surely that’s the first world successes thread?

depends whose shit it is. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Big Brain 1

Rhymezone.com claims "world" is 1 syllable, and has a list of "1 syllable" rhymes that are actually two syllables.  It is physically impossible to say the word "world" in under 2 syllables, and I am offended by such an outrageous claim.  My lyric writing has been completely derailed by this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2024 at 12:48 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Rhymezone.com claims "world" is 1 syllable, and has a list of "1 syllable" rhymes that are actually two syllables.  It is physically impossible to say the word "world" in under 2 syllables, and I am offended by such an outrageous claim.  My lyric writing has been completely derailed by this.

Fuck that. If "strengthed" is a monosyllabic word then so is word.

My FWP:
Last October I broke a rip and it still hurts when I lean right.
About a month and a half ago my foot started hurting like crazy. Felt like some sort of inflammation but then pain moved to my ankle. Went to the doctor today because I was worried that I had inherited my dad's osteoarthritis. She said it was nothing.
My wrist hurts from carrying my daughter around.
A couple of days ago my shoulder locked up and I could barely lift my arm to pick up my cup of coffee let alone use a mouse.

But let's flip it up and look on the bright side of things: I fucking love getting older! The older I get the less I care. It's wonderful.

• 5 weeks later...