IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My new job is kiiiiiinda boring.

Heh. Forgot to mention that. Hopefully it pays well.

And good for you Waschbar! Thanks for doing your best. You eased that poor little soul's journey.

The Lego Movie says "Everything Is Awesome", but what about all the people still shooting and blowing up each other over religious and territorial claims throughout the Levant and eastern Ukraine, not to mention disease and famine in west Africa?

Just a rhetorical question.

make it fun. or use the time to plan your own stuff, seeing as it's probably a breeze. Funny how you were thinking that you din have the skillset and now you're bored already. Is that what you were thinking, i'm a little adrift today.

Well, since it's a new job I don't feel comfortable zoning out. I feel like I always have to look busy even though there isn't that much to do.

Heh. Forgot to mention that. Hopefully it pays well.

Haha!

Oh, and no, it doesn't.

My father is on the "get a job son" routine, up in my fucking business all the time.

I actually don't even need a job, I have plenty to go around at the moment. So I just don't want to do shit this summer.

Edited by Npoess

Plaid are waiting outside the venue but I'm too afraid to say hi

Say Hi!

Better yet show them your penis. They'll remember that forever!

(jk don't do it...)

fwp.. deposited big cheque in bank. Big cheque is a certified cheque from a big american bank. My bank still wants to hold it for 21 days because they say they can't verify it.

THAT'S WHAT A CERTIFIED CHEQUE, MONEY ORDER, or BANK DRAFT is for! It's certified funds, as good as cash.

What the...

Also fwp... been off the booze for a few days and my body is feeling really shitty. Lots of anxiety, sweating, headache, etc. Still motivated to keep off it though, even though it's friday night.

fwp.. deposited big cheque in bank. Big cheque is a certified cheque from a big american bank. My bank still wants to hold it for 21 days because they say they can't verify it.

THAT'S WHAT A CERTIFIED CHEQUE, MONEY ORDER, or BANK DRAFT is for! It's certified funds, as good as cash.

What the...

Also fwp... been off the booze for a few days and my body is feeling really shitty. Lots of anxiety, sweating, headache, etc. Still motivated to keep off it though, even though it's friday night.

THAT'S 'MERICAN BANKING FER YA

On the other subject- - Keep it up man. You're gonna beat the crap out of your alcoholism until it's begging for mercy and unable to find help. I believe in you bby.

I don't think it's fair! I thought that's what a certified cheque is for? The funds are verified? Like the money isn't in the sender's account anymore.

My guess is they have the funds available but like to earn interest on it instead of me so they do that...no? They have computers now, it's not like they have to send a letter in the post to the sending bank lol...

I don't think it's fair! I thought that's what a certified cheque is for? The funds are verified? Like the money isn't in the sender's account anymore.

My guess is they have the funds available but like to earn interest on it instead of me so they do that...no? They have computers now, it's not like they have to send a letter in the post to the sending bank lol...

One of my friends does essentially 3rd party credit processing for restaurants via the company he works for to pay their bills to suppliers and the like, it's a total racket, he basically earns interest and money off keeping peoples payments in limbo. It's possibly one of the most American things I have ever heard of anyone doing ever. But I guess it's extremely common.

Fun/Stupid bank story ---- I came into the bank with $100,000 from the medical cannabis collective I work at and needed to deposit the money under the LLC that my boss runs the payments/bills paid/tax payments through (not specifically illegal, we pay taxes and stay essentially non-profit after everyone is paid for the time and work, but no bank will legally take the money without it being through a FEDERALLY legal means.. anyways) and I was treated like a Columbia drug lord by this bank (big American bank, would rather not say which one). They had to bring in the banks rent-a-lawyer to talk shop with me. I explained the situation as they were afraid they were going to have to call the police, which was very alarming and confusing as this isn't the first time this has happened... Eventually, being that I am not a lawyer and really don't know what the fuck I am doing- I have to call our lawyer(s) and they have to talk. Then after there is discussion on the phone with the regional manager at the bank for the better of an hour - they devised a way to put the money into the bank/accounts that required me opening in the LLC's namesake a weird CD and they made me come back next week and only do 50k at a time... meanwhile taking little jabs at me for bringing money into a bank to deposit, even after hopefully understanding the gaps in logic legally that make it so I have to bring in lump sums of cash for things.

it was one of the most confusing and shady experiences of my life, ever. The point is, it took over 60 days for the 100k to become available, even though I brought in COLD HARD CASH...

so the fact that they did that isn't shocking to me in the slightest.

It's exactly what you said it was about, they want to sit on your money for three weeks. Bankers are cocks. This is why the new bitcoin exchanges will be good, you can turn the money into bitcoin on the spot, transfer it and then reverse the process in your own currency, it will take seconds and the fee will be microscopic. It will be true competition to the current vile, entrenched, corrupt and lazy order.

It's exactly what you said it was about, they want to sit on your money for three weeks. Bankers are cocks. This is why the new bitcoin exchanges will be good, you can turn the money into bitcoin on the spot, transfer it and then reverse the process in your own currency, it will take seconds and the fee will be microscopic. It will be true competition to the current vile, entrenched, corrupt and lazy order.

You can essentially do this with interac payments already.

Not to say that bankers aren't cocks, but at least they're regulated cocks. Bitcoin cocks are just cocks who have your money with no regulations at all.

strangely enough the cheque is showing in my bank account with the words deposit and the value reflected in my balance... the manager was adamant I had to wait 15 business days/21 days =/