IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Threw a brand new block of cheese into murky dishwater instead of the cheese grater. :(

lol

sorry that's kind of funny.... I imagine it's just the surface that's ruined.. you could cut off all the surfaces and voila brand new surface....?

I'm cheap btw

Threw a brand new block of cheese into murky dishwater instead of the cheese grater. :(

lol

sorry that's kind of funny.... I imagine it's just the surface that's ruined.. you could cut off all the surfaces and voila brand new surface....?

I'm cheap btw

On principle that would work but...man the sink water was pretty foul. I don't think I could bring myself to eat it, even if the insides were technically unaffected.

And yeah, it is funny, especially as it floated for a second and then sank, as if to taunt me.

you could cut off all the surfaces and voila brand new surface....?

I too was going to suggest peeling the tainted outer cheese layer. Cheese is freaking expensive. Fantastic kitchen disaster story though --I'm surprised I don't have more of those considering how absent minded and clumsy I am.

Guest jasondonervan

I forgot to put the shopper bags in the car before leaving for work, now I have to pay the insignificant fee/moral hardship for plastic shopping bags at the supermarket later.

(Un)-Intelligent Domestic Mishap

I need to walk a block and a half to the vet's to get a box* of canned catfood for my cat, then walk all the way back.

*it's not actually a box, but I still can't remember the technical name for it: long, rectangular, open topped ankle biting box that serves more as a surface for the cans to stack upon. wtf is that called? I always feel like an ass going in and asking for a box of tins and having them respond with "oh, you mean the ___ of tins?" I think my memory for words is filled to capacity, and it just won't accept this one.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

a gaylord of tins

That's the one.

I went with "flat", thinking I was a cunning linguist, but then she was like "oh, we're out of the cases." She just won't cut me a break... although she did give me two cans for free.

I got an invite to my 10 year high school reunion... Thing is I'm kinda in-between jobs/careers, about to be going back to school, broke, and don't really have much to show off. I don't really feel like going and seeing a bunch of people I hated are doing much better than I am currently. Probably gonna skip out.

I finally learned Jaco Pastorius' "Portrait of Tracy" on bass and now both of my wrists are throbbing in pain

That guy was such a motherfucker. Shit.

Edited by LimpyLoo

wow, been nearly twenty years since i've heard that track.

Yeah I love Jaco and Weather Report.

My ex-girlfriend gave me a Mexican Jazz Bass 3-4 months ago, so I decided to dive back into JP's catalogue. I also learned "Teen Town," "Havana," "Continuum," and "Dry Cleaner From Des Moines." Jaco's early stuff--every note of it--is genius of the highest order.

...Oh, and also really difficult to play. :cerious:

I got an invite to my 10 year high school reunion... Thing is I'm kinda in-between jobs/careers, about to be going back to school, broke, and don't really have much to show off. I don't really feel like going and seeing a bunch of people I hated are doing much better than I am currently. Probably gonna skip out.

Man, if my school did a ten year reunion then I wasn't invited at all. Which suits me just fine, because I wouldn't have gone. Can't blame you for not going! Couldn't wait to leave!