IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I got an invite to my 10 year high school reunion... Thing is I'm kinda in-between jobs/careers, about to be going back to school, broke, and don't really have much to show off. I don't really feel like going and seeing a bunch of people I hated are doing much better than I am currently. Probably gonna skip out.

Man, if my school did a ten year reunion then I wasn't invited at all. Which suits me just fine, because I wouldn't have gone. Can't blame you for not going! Couldn't wait to leave!

yeah, i didn't go either. i'm sure it's just people bragging and trying to one up each other.

I got an invite to my 10 year high school reunion... Thing is I'm kinda in-between jobs/careers, about to be going back to school, broke, and don't really have much to show off. I don't really feel like going and seeing a bunch of people I hated are doing much better than I am currently. Probably gonna skip out.

Man, if my school did a ten year reunion then I wasn't invited at all. Which suits me just fine, because I wouldn't have gone. Can't blame you for not going! Couldn't wait to leave!

yeah, i didn't go either. i'm sure it's just people bragging and trying to one up each other.

I tried to go to mine, showed up at the pub around 7PM. Turns out it was scheduled for around noon?!? wtf kind of bullshit class reunion is that? Anyway, probably for the best that I missed it.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I need to walk a block and a half to the vet's to get a box* of canned catfood for my cat, then walk all the way back.

*it's not actually a box, but I still can't remember the technical name for it: long, rectangular, open topped ankle biting box that serves more as a surface for the cans to stack upon. wtf is that called? I always feel like an ass going in and asking for a box of tins and having them respond with "oh, you mean the ___ of tins?" I think my memory for words is filled to capacity, and it just won't accept this one.

I have to do this too - both our cats have recurring urinary infections and need special fancy expensive food. Fortunately the vets is a 5min walk away. I also have no idea what the cardboard can tray things are called

i didn't go to mine, i think that they could have contacted me through my dad that still resides at the same address. My sister said that hers, which she went to, was organised by the people that had stayed in that little town and all knew each other and hung out still, so they planned the event around each other and didn't contact anyone that didn't happen to be part of that extended group lol, needless to say she said that it entirely sucked. When my littlest brother went to his, he said that everyone looked like they had aged decades more than him, the photos stand testament to that.

I think this kind of thing is for people that still celebrate their teenage years as some kind of pinnacle of their life experience, it doesn't surprise me given the number of people out there that never seemed to have matured beyond the mindset of a middle teenager. nwae, even if they'd contacted me i wouldn't have gone, i didn't want to be reminded of that place, to me it was hell, and every day was like being drowned in it's fires. fuck 'em all.

I tried to go to mine, showed up at the pub around 7PM. Turns out it was scheduled for around noon?!? wtf kind of bullshit class reunion is that? Anyway, probably for the best that I missed it.

they probably all had 3-4 kids at home to get back to, lol.

yeah, fuck school.

I had a ton of fun in high school and still talk to lots of the people regularly.

so I would go if we had a reunion. Then again my 10 year reunion isn't for another 3 or 4 years.

It would be awkward to take the wife though because I uhh....well yeah.

I need to walk a block and a half to the vet's to get a box* of canned catfood for my cat, then walk all the way back.

*it's not actually a box, but I still can't remember the technical name for it: long, rectangular, open topped ankle biting box that serves more as a surface for the cans to stack upon. wtf is that called? I always feel like an ass going in and asking for a box of tins and having them respond with "oh, you mean the ___ of tins?" I think my memory for words is filled to capacity, and it just won't accept this one.

I have to do this too - both our cats have recurring urinary infections and need special fancy expensive food. Fortunately the vets is a 5min walk away. I also have no idea what the cardboard can tray things are called

Do you get Urinary SO? That's what my little guy needs, otherwise he gets urinary chrystals. Last night he tore off my U key, so this message has been difficult to type. (That's my FWP for today if anyone was wondering.)

I just realised one of the four albums that i was gonna make contains shit songs when I did a play through. Well that's one less thing to think about, heh. It was always going to be an uphill battle with subject matter like ocd and regret. I might shoegaze everything on there but right now who gives a fuck, on to the next least worse (probably) that one was already getting the drill and bass treatment to scrub it all up. I've written so many better songs, and should chuck them together into albums and write the backing, but I feel this loyalty to this stuff that's hung around my neck all these years. Heh.

Nwae ?

Do you get Urinary SO? That's what my little guy needs, otherwise he gets urinary chrystals. Last night he tore off my U key, so this message has been difficult to type. (That's my FWP for today if anyone was wondering.)

Don't have any to hand (I'm travelling) but I think that's it. Made by Purina. Both our cats have the same issue. They have never bothered with my computer fortunately, but the shites are fond of chewing our curtains to shreds

It's impossible, the program the odd couple was actually illustrative of the sole dynamic possible and the fractal nature of the universe. Although that said, the first place i ever share rented was with a jazz pianist student chick and a sax playing jazz student guy and they were pretty organised, was the last gasp of that i ever experienced though, maybe those organised people get married or start earning enough money for their own place, so all that is left stalking the cohabitation market are those less organised kitchen defiler types.

I'm about to watch Johnny Got His Gun, the movie about the WWI basketcase featured heavily in the Metallica - One music vid. Pretty sure this will be one of the bleakest films I'll ever see. Then I'll get to lie awake imagining what it's like to lose all physical senses and be literally helpless. Luckily I don't really experience uneasy anticipation for things, so for the moment everything's cool. But shit's about to get depressing...

Just finished watching it. There was enought absurdity, humor and humanity in it to prevent it from being suffocatingly heavy. It was all in all an extraordinary film. Anyone who hasn't seen it should.

FWP: had a 2+ hour nap earlier this evening followed by a pumpkin spice latte. It's 1:30am and I'm wired, with no intent of partying. Booooooo. Might have to watch the making of doc.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

i have ongoing problems with my laptop overheating and switching itself off. i thought this had resolved itself last week when the cooling fan started working again, however it now has stopped working. i can't figure out what the issue is. the fan works, but it just doesn't switch on. ffs.

I'm about to watch Johnny Got His Gun, the movie about the WWI basketcase featured heavily in the Metallica - One music vid. Pretty sure this will be one of the bleakest films I'll ever see. Then I'll get to lie awake imagining what it's like to lose all physical senses and be literally helpless. Luckily I don't really experience uneasy anticipation for things, so for the moment everything's cool. But shit's about to get depressing...

I bought the book a month or two ago. Had no idea Metallica had done something inspired by it or that it had been adapted to film.

Will def check out the film after I get out of this Stephen King naval gazing and read all these literary novels that are pilling up (fwp)

It's one of the best films I've seen. Not sure I could stay in that world for the duration of a book though. The Metallica - One vid is classic. It used to disturb the crap out of me as a kid. That song combined with the scenes from that film really are a perfect match.

i have ongoing problems with my laptop overheating and switching itself off. i thought this had resolved itself last week when the cooling fan started working again, however it now has stopped working. i can't figure out what the issue is. the fan works, but it just doesn't switch on. ffs.

Tried resetting your bios?

I just realised one of the four albums that i was gonna make contains shit songs when I did a play through. Well that's one less thing to think about, heh. It was always going to be an uphill battle with subject matter like ocd and regret. I might shoegaze everything on there but right now who gives a fuck, on to the next least worse (probably) that one was already getting the drill and bass treatment to scrub it all up. I've written so many better songs, and should chuck them together into albums and write the backing, but I feel this loyalty to this stuff that's hung around my neck all these years. Heh.

Nwae

Loyalty is a trick of our genes: be ruthless! If it's not up to par, chuck it out before you can think about it and replace it with something better!

If you hadn't thought about the songs until you replayed them, then you probably won't miss them if you just get rid of them. DO IT