IGNORED

Hip Hop (Boom Bap) - The Thread

Npoess

20 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

heard this track on one of Sean Booth's recent mixes - dude has great taste, nice soulful beat and quality rhymes

Amazing track, I discovered it the same way. What a sample!

• Like 2

anyone follow the current beef between kendrick & drake?  Kendrick has released 3 or 4 songs in the last few days, but I keep coming back to this beat.  So simple but progressively menacing the more it plays.  The lyrics are very creative and disrespectful, but an instrumental version is desirable.  

kendrick is slaughtering drake lol. Drake's new track, although it was good, didnt cut it compared to the thought out pices that kdot released. hes by far the better rapper too. I never return to drakes shit and kendrick is one of the best to ever do it.

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, thumbass said:

kendrick is slaughtering drake lol. Drake's new track, although it was good, didnt cut it compared to the thought out pices that kdot released. hes by far the better rapper too. I never return to drakes shit and kendrick is one of the best to ever do it.

Its a cess hole: trash culture....both of them make themselves look like idiots. In a world of pain...the west just looks to two loaded clowns shouting at eachother for entertainment. 

Edited by Crazing
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Crazing said:

Its a cess hole: trash culture....both of them make themselves look like idiots. In a world of pain...the west just looks to two loaded clowns shouting at eachother for entertainment. 

Kendrick is no angel himself you are right about that, but it's not their job to fix all the pain in the world. They do their job, we do ours

3 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Kendrick is no angel himself you are right about that, but it's not their job to fix all the pain in the world. They do their job, we do ours

Not saying they should fix anything. Just some commentary on the way media attention works. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 2:37 PM, decibal cooper said:

First listen, and I simply cannot believe this. The boy done cheffed up so many bricks that his wrist went diamond. Incredible!

Still digesting, but have been enjoying the album so far. There are some beats by long time collaborators Animoss and Alchemist, but Roc does the lion's share of production on this album, and his production sounds great, definitely more hi fi then his usual dusty soul sample drums-low-in-the-mix referencing pimp culture and blaxploitation films, although that aesthetic is still present and pronounced in places. I enjoyed his verse in the song Larry Bird: 'like Operation Paperclip it don't cost a lotta paper to get you clipped' 😂 🔥

I like that one a lot, way better than that last Westside Gunn album.

• Like 1