IGNORED

LFO - Frequencies

fumi

Bleep are taking pre-orders now.

http://warp.net/records/lfo/frequencies-double-vinyl-remastered

Great album that everyone needs to own. Actually, the other two were amazing.

Mark Bell hasn't released a follow-up to Sheath for seven years. And here I was thinking BOC were dragging their heels.

Maybe the re-issue is a sign of new activity?

Well, I think LFO was pretty dead after "We are back" (which also took too long until it appeared). I'm always thankful for the LFO EP, Frequencies, We are back, the NOW Aftermath remix - but it's all over, no need for a vinyl.

Bleep are taking pre-orders now.

http://warp.net/reco...inyl-remastered

Great album that everyone needs to own. Actually, the other two were amazing.

Mark Bell hasn't released a follow-up to Sheath for seven years. And here I was thinking BOC were dragging their heels.

Maybe the re-issue is a sign of new activity?

doubt it. probably just Warp trying to make some money after the Sony warehouse fire...

Wow, Sheath was back in September 2003. Eight years then.

yep. 2003 was the last great year for Warp, imho. - Plaid, Chris Clark, LFO... all around the same time, if i remember rightly.

probably just Warp trying to make some money after the Sony warehouse fire...

My thoughts as well...Did you notice that they are releasing the same day a retrospective 2CD boxset of Sweet Exorcist ? Bleep bleep time has come, again !

should add to this that even though it's been 8 years since the last LFO album at least Mark Bell has done a load of gigs since then and has continued to work with Bjork. he's also done the odd track here 'n there, like that 1 that was released just the other week on that I Love Acid charity comp. (unlike BoC, who were mentioned above, who've basically done sweet F A for 6 years now.)

Guest Greg Reason

yep. 2003 was the last great year for Warp, imho. - Plaid, Chris Clark, LFO... all around the same time, if i remember rightly.

And the mighty Draft 7.30, the best Autechre album

Guest analogue wings

imagine posting that the year the Rustie album drops. out of touch much?

Guest Coalbucket PI

Can anyone name any of the production work he's done since Sheath? I've heard it said he's worked with Bjork but I don't know what on. The last thing I know Mark Bell did was that split EP with AFX, and that must be four or five years ago too.

Weird that outside of Autechre, i dont buy any Warp records anymore since (i'm not that crazy about Squarepusher + Aphex & Boards of canada & LFO dont releases anymore). I keep an eye on Raster noton, Touch & Emego but Warp records... Dunno if its them or me who changed, probably both. Well they mostly miss the whole glitch/drone/retro synths stuff. Anyway, nice that they're repressing LFO !

imagine posting that the year the Rustie album drops. out of touch much?

Lol. are you serious? i've heard Rustie. clearly you have not.

And the mighty Draft 7.30, the best Autechre album

ah, yeah, i forgot about that!

Guest viscosity

maybe if it sells well they'll repress some other hard to obtain stuff

actually there is no doubt that any rerelease of something from the likes of say..BOC.. would sell well.. they're just holding out for whatever reason

Archived