IGNORED

WHO has PLAID live at WARP 10 November 4-1999???

Guest aphexvancouver

Guest aphexvancouver

They used to have what I consider the greatest live show by Plaid ever

on the old Warp site for about 2 years afterwards. It wasnt the greatest soundquality but

the whole show was genius. Im surprised I havent seen it ANYWHERE even though it was online for about 2 years.

ANYONE????????

Guest aphexvancouver

Hey Joyrex my friend:) Long time no talk and I hope you are well:) ( and thanks everyone else!)

Yes I have and I think I might have asked u about this way back in 2003 or so but no one seemed to have it even at that time. Weird since it was on the old Warp site for about 2 years ( just to listen to ..not to download)

Will check your download section again!:))

Thanks bro!

Vernard

Ok, try this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gooh5nwhkowz0k9

It's labelled Warp 10th Birthday @ The Brewery 03.11.99. I probably haven't listened to this since 1999, checking it out now.

Joyrex, feel free to add this to the downloads section!

Also, fuck RealAudio, seriously...

i like RealAudio. it's got that dirty old shitty sound that reminds me of the 'old' internet, with a 56k modem, and lower/slower, before everybody got broadband and got greedy/spoilt, demanding and expecting everything to be super super quick and in super super best quality ever-made imaginable! the 'we deserve everything and in milliseconds' mentality. bah. shiny-shiny, fast-fast! poo! ;P

oh an thanks for upping the set btw! ;) cheers moonside

haha.. real was terrible mate :) only thing i liked about ram files was an hour mix would only be about 10mb.. glad things have come on since then.

tar moony :)

lol, yeah, it was pretty terrible... but it gave those tork radio mixes a nice sound, i reckon... made the beats all crunchy-like. :)

i don't mind it meself. but wouldn't want to listen to everything that way, of course.

i dunno. a lot of things these days aren't changing for the better, imho. i don't wanna know in an instant what some c*nt had for breakfast! but, that's another matter.

this message was brought to you by :

Stella_Artois_Christmas_2_15x284ml.jpg

fuck everybody/love you/fuck you, internet, corporate bastards :)

hear what your saying about the crunchy sound.. it did give those tork radio shows an eerie atmosphere, but fuck realaudio seriously :)

yeah, modern day internetters are lame.. it was guys like us that made the web cool bro.. don't forget :sup:

fuck you and love you all 2 :)

Guest aphexvancouver

thanksssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!! awesome Moonside!! THATS IT! Appreciate it sooo much!!!

I dont mind hearing this one in realaudio as it adds to the haunting beauty of it all!!!

Strange that this particular show was sooo hard to find. Its honestly my favorite of all of their shows.

Tunes such as Last Remembered Thing---Pino Pomo etc...just r a cut above the norm imo:))

the RA i think makes it sound more 'live'... like live recordings used to sound. before everybody in their bedrooms tried to be the daddy and make them sound like mastered album quality, then pass them off as if they're some kind of special genius.

good to know it's the one you were looking for, aphex, even tho i didn't up it myslef. good news :)

i never made the web cool. i'm not one of those guys at all. but hats off and respect to the originators and the old skool that did.

nah, me neither :) i'll add my thanks to those people that made the interweb a cool place to be :ok:

no, Diamonds is an old track. i remember hearing them play it live when i saw them in 2000, so, a very old track.

good to hear Wrong Ways at the beginning, tho! (think it was wrong ways, anyway)

what a great show, thanks moonside, again.

i love all those odd sounds loudly emitted here 'n there, that seem to randomly spit out of the speakers and echo around the club.

big up the 90's, and big up the shitty garbled sound of realaudio. lol. love it :)

oh haha! well i have to admit that i love the shitty sound quality of old time .ra .rm files anyways. despite having said fuck them. :P,,,, i even have and still enjoy a lot, quite a lot of live recordings of whole prodigy concerts in .ra formats that weigh only 6 mb's or what!!! :D

the thing i hate(d) them back in the day is that they sometimes even wouldnt load, despite the very low bandwidth they required and i was a noob to record streaming data from the web so when i wanted to save the files, thinking i was gonna save the whole streaming track and so on, what i had on my lousy pc was a 1kb rm file which i think only contained the address of the file that was being streamed or what? :DD and yes, the lousiness of these files always add a lot to the experince anyways. it made me feel like, "music is music, it doesnt need to be encoded in 320s of kb's for me to enjoy it".. what do i hear with my ears all day anyways,,,,,i mean, on daily routine,,, so i didnt even complain about,,,,, oh let me stop, this has been too long, it s gonna seem like a diary.... :P

Archived