IGNORED

Bitwig

Guest RadarJammer

I think it's right hard to time things like that. Hype is great. We have a thread here talking about it. I was checking the page once a week when I first heard about it. That kind of non-delivered hype is good for about 2 weeks. Then people get bored + cynical if you don't produce. They could have announced it early, but not so early as they did.

Definitely, hype can be great. But when it backfires, it fucking backfires. And it happens so easily.

I seriously think they should've left the announcement until a beta was ready. The product seems strong enough on its own merits to be able to get attention.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's right hard to time things like that. Hype is great. We have a thread here talking about it. I was checking the page once a week when I first heard about it. That kind of non-delivered hype is good for about 2 weeks. Then people get bored + cynical if you don't produce. They could have announced it early, but not so early as they did.

Definitely, hype can be great. But when it backfires, it fucking backfires. And it happens so easily.

I seriously think they should've left the announcement until a beta was ready. The product seems strong enough on its own merits to be able to get attention.

I assume quite some pressure to release it before Ableton 9 steals all the momentum

I was in the private beta for ohmstudio because i own ohmicide. It didn't jive with me and a buddy in another state. We akwardly tried to do some simple tasks and failed miserably. We eventually decided we'd have to do things in another DAW, and then drag the audio in there.

A friend and I just messed with the collab features on ohmstudio. It recorded well with no latency, wasn't able to do any real-time jamming(or figure it out). We just did track by track back and forith. Editing is really clunky and time consuming(maybe I'm just used to ableton). I wish Ableton would step up in the online collab realm.

I really hope Bitwig does end up coming out. The idea of a native version of an Ableton-like DAW for Linux is something of a godsend to me. I really don't want to have to run WINE for anything. And yeah, yeah, I could use Ardour or something, but that's closer to ProTools, if what I remember is right, and I don't have any experience with either. But having some experience in Ableton, I'm hoping Bitwig works out.

I really hope Bitwig does end up coming out. The idea of a native version of an Ableton-like DAW for Linux is something of a godsend to me. I really don't want to have to run WINE for anything. And yeah, yeah, I could use Ardour or something, but that's closer to ProTools, if what I remember is right, and I don't have any experience with either. But having some experience in Ableton, I'm hoping Bitwig works out.

And lets not forget, lets NOT forget dude, that ignoring Renoise ... in a Linux environment ... that ain't legal either.

Guest Drahken

Rumor has it the delay was so they could include the modular features in ver1.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2

its about establishing a name, long before the product arrives, you both embarrassing marketing noobs :dry:

beta here beta there, blah, and watmm talks about it

its about establishing a name, long before the product arrives, you both embarrassing marketing noobs :dry:

beta here beta there, blah, and watmm talks about it

yeah, and so far Bitwig has just earned itself a similar stance as Boards of Canada, and 3D Realms.

great marketing! good job guise!

boards of canada is not relevant to my interests. 3D Realms never delivered, if you're going to keep promises, time is working for you.

and audio software is way sleepier on technology than 3d gaming is (was?).

boards of canada is not relevant to my interests. 3D Realms never delivered, if you're going to keep promises, time is working for you.

Doesn't matter whether Boards of Canada is relevant to your interests or not. Fact is, an album has been 'on the cards' for years now, long rumoured by a Hexagon Sun representative but not delivered.

3D Realms indeed did not deliver.

My point being that in both cases, the cat was let out of the bag too early.

Protip - don't announce a product that doesn't exist yet.

Doesn't matter whether Boards of Canada is relevant to your interests or not. Fact is, an album has been 'on the cards' for years now, long rumoured by a Hexagon Sun representative but not delivered.

oh excuse me, I'm fully convinced, I'm in love with your arguments

oh excuse me, I'm fully convinced, I'm in love with your arguments

:flahbelb:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived