IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Until The Quiet Comes

jules

Los Angeles doesn't have a similar sound to 1983

these ears hear differently then yours. agree to disagree?

I should think carefully before typing next time.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anywho, instead of another album, he should either, put out all of those unreleased tracks he did for mixes, or make that long awaited collab album with Samiyam.

Oh my I'd love to hear some proper released Flyamsam stuff !!! Maybe on Brainfeeder one of these days who knows...Their tracks are really good !

I like the way he's progressing and I've enjoyed everything so far.

Yeah, me too. Maybe I liked Cosmogramma more because it seemed like such an ode to Alice Coltrane, and boy do I like Alice Coltrane.

1983, raw cartoons, reset, los angeles, 1x3, 2x3, 3x3 have a certain continuity that is appealing. otherwise just a bit here or there. flying lotus has become disjointed, lacking cohesive identity

You are lacking cohesive identity.

Cosmogramma+Alt Takes was like taking the music FlyLo used to put out on LA+EPs to a way greater level, and Pattern+Grid World was a nice, rawer continuation of that kind of work. The track he put on the Ed Banger comp "Let The Children Techno" was a beautiful track, in the vein of Cosmogramma and friends.

You're allowed not to like his newest stuff but you can't say it doesn't have any identity nor character !

Ignore those guys. Most of them are just some old talentless music producers that never lose a chance to bash artists they'll never get near to. Flying Lotus has been original and competent in every release, he built brainfeeder and is probably the best guy on earth to smoke a joint with. How can you hold something against him and how can you be negative about his upcommming album based on his previous ones?? To me thats just blatant frustration.

1983, raw cartoons, reset, los angeles, 1x3, 2x3, 3x3 have a certain continuity that is appealing. otherwise just a bit here or there. flying lotus has become disjointed, lacking cohesive identity

tim-and-eric-universe-o.gif

tim-and-eric-universe-o.gif

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Not sure if theres any flylo fans here.

He's been posting on his twitter page that he's almost done the new album, that it's over 40 mins long already etc etc..

Anyone have more info on this? Anyone excited? Cosmogramma was brilliant IMO....

Can't wait.

great i like him

yeah same here, I was blown away by cosmogramma. Enjoy his previous work too just not as much.

Still I was surprised theres no info on his record label brainfeeder about the upcoming release and nothing on warp either (who he might distribute through for a wider release).

He's been going on about it for the last couple weeks on twitter.

Looking forward to this, though I hope it's not all over the place. Not everything he does is platinum. The Reset EP is still his most consistent release.

you think so? I like all his work so far.

Looking forward for sure! Cosmogramma and L.A. are awesome, Pattern+Grid is good... but I haven't gotten too into 1983 yet (just finally picked that up a month ago or so).

Really looking forward to what comes next since Cosmogramma was so different!

Looking forward for sure! Cosmogramma and L.A. are awesome, Pattern+Grid is good... but I haven't gotten too into 1983 yet (just finally picked that up a month ago or so).

Really looking forward to what comes next since Cosmogramma was so different!

For sure. I wish there was more info on this other than his twitter page though. =/

Curious about this, I enjoy pretty much all his work... Cosmo was slightly weaker than the rest of his output but all in all still a very solid album Pattern + Grid World EP is pretty enjoyable

Archived