IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Until The Quiet Comes

jules

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1983, raw cartoons, reset, los angeles, 1x3, 2x3, 3x3 have a certain continuity that is appealing. otherwise just a bit here or there. flying lotus has become disjointed, lacking cohesive identity

1983, raw cartoons, reset, los angeles, 1x3, 2x3, 3x3 have a certain continuity that is appealing. otherwise just a bit here or there. flying lotus has become disjointed, lacking cohesive identity

You are lacking cohesive identity.

Cosmogramma+Alt Takes was like taking the music FlyLo used to put out on LA+EPs to a way greater level, and Pattern+Grid World was a nice, rawer continuation of that kind of work. The track he put on the Ed Banger comp "Let The Children Techno" was a beautiful track, in the vein of Cosmogramma and friends.

You're allowed not to like his newest stuff but you can't say it doesn't have any identity nor character !

disjointed. he's still got decent, more recent tracs, but we're sticking with our statement. pattern + grid world curls teeth. we've nothing against ellison, we just like what we like and seem to listen less frequently to his newer thingys

I just hope it'll be a double LP as he announced it on twitter months ago.

Exciting, exciting.

I'll be hoping for a single album. Without fail, every double album contains filler.

I'd still be happy to hear a double, though. I wouldn't complain unless I didn't like some of it.

Cosmogramma should have been a double album, where each track lasted longer than a minute and the ideas were given room to breath.

yea. even if it wasn't a double album it had potential to be a much bigger and better album. cosmogramma felt like sketches of an epic album.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

One bitch says it better not be the same old... another bitch says his work disjointed and random? LOL

I'm pretty disappointed. I was in line online from the very first 1 second you were able to buy Coachella tickets, watched the standby screen tell me which passes were now sold out over the course of 3 hours. So lame. Would have flown down there for free, road tripped with some Cali friends and stayed at a really nice house for a 20 dollar tip. Best trip of my life is no more. If my girlfriend didn't want to go. I might have spent 600 hundred on a pass from Ebay... but I'm almost too annoyed to think about it.

As it is, Cosmogramma shits all over most recent electronic music and runs victory laps around it with style and finesse. In my not-so-humble opinion. He's still a relatively new artist, too. So there's that.

1983 is an assortment of random ideas with a bit of Hip Hop in it. Los Angeles doesn't have a similar sound to 1983. Cosmogramma also sounds completely different. Sometime after the release of Cosmogramma Flying Lotus gained some really obnoxious stans.

Anywho, instead of another album, he should either, put out all of those unreleased tracks he did for mixes, or make that long awaited collab album with Samiyam.

Couldn't be more excited for this! Los Angeles (+ EPs) is awesome and Cosmogramma totally blew me away. Just listened to that again yesterday for the first time in a LONG time and it was even better than I remembered. Pattern+Grid World was a bit of a disappointment... not bad, but nothing stellar.

I still don't have 1983... how does it compare to his next 2 albums? I'll prolly pick that up while waiting for the new one...

Archived