IGNORED

Clark - "Iradelphic"

Guest Adam

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoying this, reminds me of Bowie's Low for some reason.

That's insanely high praise.

do you have to wait for the vinyl to drop through the post for a DL card to download the album? I thought with Bleep it was just added to your account on release day - however it doesn't seem to have happened on mine?!?

Yeah, I got a download card with the album. Tried accessing it but had to wait until the 2nd (today).

ahh coolio, fingers crossed it arrives today!

Guest ruiagnelo

I am enjoying this more than i did with any other Clark record in the past, which i simply couldn't stand. Loving the melodies he crafted.

And i can't look at the cover without noticing what seems to be the eye of an angry monster with the summery scene in the background. Anyone else getting this image from the cover?

For me a lot of his earlier stuff, though brilliant suffers from being a bit one-dimensional. He's definately been working on the extra 2 dimensions over the last couple of releases.

Guest yoseppesoy

The whole album has got better the more i've listened to it and get used to it from his older music, really enjoying it now. Massive fan of those growling tones halfway through "Secret" and would like to hear him do a Jungle track with a bassline made out of that drum at the end of "Henderson Wrench" would be epic! I keep rewinding that bit.

Damn it's on Spotify already. Was planning to purchase the CD tomorrow (assuming I can find it locally) but it's going to be hard to resist. I think I should resist rather than listen to it at probably a shitty bit rate.

Any other place than bleep on the internet where I can get this ? It doesn't work and firefox says it's unsecure.

CD I mean.

High Quality Streaming option on Spotify is lossless.

No kidding? I didn't know, always assumed it was something between 256 and 320kbps. You sure about that? Seems like a hell of a lot of bandwidth to stream lossless.

Wow this is terrible. What happened to Clark? After skimming through all of the tracks, it seems like there's nothing but indy/folk singing and droning ambience? Where are the beats? Clark used to make some of the most awesome music and I only found like two tracks with anything remotely interesting beat-wise. Even those tracks are relatively dull.

Disappointing to say the least, especially after his previous two albums. I'm all for a bit of vocals and some ambience but it looks like he's entirely abandoned beat making in favour of childish noodling. Sorry Clark, but this is definitely a miss for me.

Guest trananhhung

Sorry Clark, but this is definitely a miss for me.

To me too - but I keep hearing, for respect, to try to understand it.

Apparently, the press loves it. So, he made the right move. I think the record has the potential to be a Pitchfork breakthrough.

Guest Backson

I'm assuming he's taking a breather from heaviness for his own sake. Must get tiring making and listening to compression beats constantly.

Does it sound anything like his DM Stith remix? Because that was a great track.

Just got this today... knew what to expect after reading all the leak comments, so no surprises. It did seem VERY short... but then I noticed it's only 2 mins. shorter than Body Riddle and only 5-6 mins shorter than Totem's Flare & Turning Dragon. Maybe it's because not all that much happens, where as his tracks on other albums are packed to the brim! It's different, and definitely reminded me of Bibio on more than one occassion... but I love Bibio and it's got a little bit of that unique Clark touch to it.

Anyways, Absolutely loved Black Stone and The Pining was cool. Com Touch, of course, was awesome. I've only heard it once, so obviously need way more listens to decide anything concrete. I definitely DO miss Clark's compressed beats though :( I hope this was just something he wanted to do for one album and not a new direction from here on out.

I also just completed my first listen. I too knew pretty much what to expect so my expectations were lowered a bit from when the album was originally announced. But I wasn't too scared, I knew I'd enjoy it even if different (but not in a fanboy way :biggrin: ).

So yes there is some definite Bibio influence here, but I don't feel that it dominates the album at all even though it's apparent on several tracks. The acoustic guitars being so present is definitely a change for Clark, and more listens will reveal how I feel about it. I don't really like the scratchy string sound, here or just about anywhere else I hear it. The album is definitely more laid back this is last two albums and does indeed lack some of what makes Clark unique. Yet it still sounds like Clark, moreso than I expected based on a lot of what I've read here. I do wish there were more peaks and some of the crazy stuff he's known for, but that's alright. It seems well-crafted and in reality, a bit similar to the feel of Body Riddle. I think we all just expected something a bit more crazy because we know he's capable of it (and I do hope there is more crazy Clark stuff in the future). But I will keep listening and enjoying. All in all it's not as mellow and folktronic as I thought it might be.

Archived