IGNORED

JJ DOOM - Key To The Kuffs

Guest Aserinsky

Guest jasondonervan

Admittedly I wasn't too impressed on the first listen of KTTK, but I have to admit it's steadily grown on me after a few more plays. It's no 'Operation: Doomsday' (or to a lesser extent, 'Mm.. Food'), but it's still good times Doom-listening.

• 2 weeks later...

i am enjoying this kuffs thingy. king ghidra is the best doom, oh' and madvillain and viktor vaughn is quite nice

http://potholesinmyb...ime-in-london/.

I thought he was done with this imposter stuff now that hes got an new album and all. o well, villainy and such :wink:

keep them guessing. he needs the more convincing duplicate, that is the real error here

Edited by Redruth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

I revisited this last week. I liked Jneiro Jarel (and Doom of course) before this came out but it's still just a decent album.

Haven't heard JJ's latest from last year. Come to think of it, I'm only familiar with his debut album Three Piece Puzzle (quite good) and his Android Love Mayhem EP from 5 years later (think I only listened to that once).

17 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I revisited this last week. I liked Jneiro Jarel (and Doom of course) before this came out but it's still just a decent album.

Completely medically accurate, it's alright but both have done a lot better

17 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Haven't heard JJ's latest from last year. Come to think of it, I'm only familiar with his debut album Three Piece Puzzle (quite good) and his Android Love Mayhem EP from 5 years later (think I only listened to that once).

His Dr. Who Dat and Shape of Broad Minds albums still hold up really well and are worth checking out.  Dunno if he's retired these projects or not, they reminded me a lot of Madlib back when (dude plays/produces virtually everything on them) while still being fresh & unique.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobDobalina said:

His Dr. Who Dat and Shape of Broad Minds albums still hold up really well and are worth checking out.  Dunno if he's retired these projects or not, they reminded me a lot of Madlib back when (dude plays/produces virtually everything on them) while still being fresh & unique.

Doh! I completely forgot about those other projects. The Shape of Broad Minds album was quite good. Apparently I haven't heard Dr Who Dat?'s Beat Journey, only Beyond 2morrow but can't recall what I thought of it. Didn't rate it on RYM, so probably didn't listen to it more than a couple times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 8:22 PM, sidewinder said:

Doh! I completely forgot about those other projects. The Shape of Broad Minds album was quite good. Apparently I haven't heard Dr Who Dat?'s Beat Journey, only Beyond 2morrow but can't recall what I thought of it. Didn't rate it on RYM, so probably didn't listen to it more than a couple times.

Definitely seek out Dr Who Dat? Beat journey!