IGNORED

Rushup Edge Album

Guest frankbank

I have campaigned tirelessly for years on behalf of saw 85-92 and surfing on sine waves and AB3 etc as the pinnacle of AFX music. (In fact how all music was better in the "good old days" - it was). However I do realise that a certain amount of sentimentalism and historical context plays a part in this opinion (and the opinion of every old cunt on here). For every n16 yr old kiddies banging on about Come to Daddy being the best track ever made there will be one boring old Sirch or somebody declaring the early 90s as the golden age of Aphex. I was in total agreement with that point of view until Analord. I made a post some years back about how Analord was drawing level if not actually overtaking SAW 85-92 in my brain as the greatest electronic music ever made. These days I listen to the Analords far more often than any other AFX music. SAW 85-92 is still a beautiful, unrivalled album after 20 years of listening but the works in Analord are so much more accomplished and finely honed pieces of high end electrical music that I no longer feel the pull of the black hole of Nostalgia that demands 100% unswerving faith in the Holy Trinity - The SAW, The Window and The Analogue Bubblebath. Although it is ridiculous drawing a comparison between the two, I still prefer SAW to Drukqs but I think I prefer Analord to everything ever.

As regards the Tuss, as a development from Analord via the Fenix Funk bridge - Rushup I Bank 12 is perhaps the greatest piece of electronic music ever made.

As a rule of thumb, the music of Aphex has always been a good 5 or so years ahead of its time - Rushup Edge is as far ahead of everything else that Drukqs was in its time and RDJ album was in its time etc.

Of course everybody has their own opinions but anyone who disagrees with this objective fact is either stupid, a pussy, in denial or has spastic ears

Fix'd.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one's my favourite. Never seems to get much mention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjrTsim6Q4k

my morning alarm. never failed to get me outta bed.

This song was actually my favourite the first time i heard it, then it wore off, I guess its the more commercial sounding track on the EP. Still love it though.

the tuss stuff is so good that it kinda squares my annoyance with this thomas stanton prick. also vibert was so involved in shiz ko e.

RE the Vibert thing, where did you hear that?

I remember somebody or some people saying Vibert was involved in shiz ko e when the record first came out , citing "the funkiness" of it that "had to be vibert" which i always thought nonsense, since AFX music is way funkier than vibert's... I don't hear anything that suggest vibert need be involved on it.

This is a bad idea. Whenever I set something to be my alarm it gives me a subconscious negative feeling whenever I hear it anytime later. I would not want to do that with music I enjoy.

leads in shiz ko e are very kerrier district, so i guess why not.

it's funny because Kerrier District was completely done in Reason.

well, point is, it's his melody style. may as well be played on yamaha pss30

• 1 year later...
Guest skibby

rather than create a new thread of boring speculation, i found a clue worthy of zombie bamping the thread:

39795336.jpg

I like confederation trough better and I like analord better than both tbh. analord seems so timeless/OUTSIDE OF TIME to me, even outside of authorship like nobody made some of the tracks. I'm convinced bwoon dub is not actually a track/work of audio but an interface with another dimension/richard didn't compose it he just found the one reality out of infinite ones where bwoon dub existed as a piece of music and somehow brought it to ours. Some tracks are admittedly a little cheap/also I am not particularly into the fenix funk/xmd5a stuff. Rushup Edge is so 'lookit me hey it's richard and he's doing stuff' to my ears while analord seems so detached from whatever/like I said like they always existed while Rushup/Trough is showing off some kind of technique/geeking out over gx1's. Although like I said Confederation Trough seems less like this to me/more detached. Like Fredulogon 6 wtf is going on there. I can't tell if it's just an archive/throwaway track or if it's actually brilliant or what and if so accidentally or purposefully brilliant wtf. But yeah another way of putting it is that Analord just CONSUMES me in a way Tuss stuff doesn't. Like fractally dark/strange I guess.

Then again I heard analord tracks during a strange time in my life where I was pretty gloomy and introspective/wandering around aimlessly literally and figuratively and maybe it sort of blew my mind and tuss would've done the same if I'd listened to that instead

if someone thinks analord is more detached like I was saying, let me know because I guess I'm more impressed by that detachment in some of his tracks than like crazy sequencing/sounds

I like confederation trough better and I like analord better than both tbh. analord seems so timeless/OUTSIDE OF TIME to me, even outside of authorship like nobody made some of the tracks. I'm convinced bwoon dub is not actually a track/work of audio but an interface with another dimension/richard didn't compose it he just found the one reality out of infinite ones where bwoon dub existed as a piece of music and somehow brought it to ours. Some tracks are admittedly a little cheap/also I am not particularly into the fenix funk/xmd5a stuff. Rushup Edge is so 'lookit me hey it's richard and he's doing stuff' to my ears while analord seems so detached from whatever/like I said like they always existed while Rushup/Trough is showing off some kind of technique/geeking out over gx1's. Although like I said Confederation Trough seems less like this to me/more detached. Like Fredulogon 6 wtf is going on there. I can't tell if it's just an archive/throwaway track or if it's actually brilliant or what and if so accidentally or purposefully brilliant wtf. But yeah another way of putting it is that Analord just CONSUMES me in a way Tuss stuff doesn't. Like fractally dark/strange I guess.

Then again I heard analord tracks during a strange time in my life where I was pretty gloomy and introspective/wandering around aimlessly literally and figuratively and maybe it sort of blew my mind and tuss would've done the same if I'd listened to that instead

if someone thinks analord is more detached like I was saying, let me know because I guess I'm more impressed by that detachment in some of his tracks than like crazy sequencing/sounds

good post right there

This is a bad idea. Whenever I set something to be my alarm it gives me a subconscious negative feeling whenever I hear it anytime later. I would not want to do that with music I enjoy.

Agreed, fellow watmm

also GX1 solo is ok but listening on better gear now the room reverb is kind of distracting. I'd like to hear a line out mix or something. And that Teddy Oggie track that was supposed to be a tuss track back in the day I like way too much thinking of it as an authentic tuss track

I do wish there were some tuss outtakes like the analord ones though, I'd be interested in what other material he considers 'tussy'. Lol like Tuss is green yellow purple orange and kind of brown/magenta maybe? (too lazy to list which track is which) I want to hear a red tuss track

Archived