IGNORED

on Kraftwerk

brian trageskin

I never got into it because It sounds too outdated to me. Eletronic music evolved and as a listener I am part of that evolution.

this is a bad post and you should feel bad.

I never got into it because It sounds too outdated to me. Eletronic music evolved and as a listener I am part of that evolution.

this is a bad post and you should feel bad.

:emb:

as a german, i came into contact with kraftwerk very early in my life, so i was only late because i'm too young.

i bought "Radioaktivität" LP some weeks ago, love it.

if you think their stuff sounds outdated, you could try the KLING-KLANG Remastered versions of their albums they did.

OR you could listen to the great "Balanescu Quartet - Posessed" which is a violin quartet playing kraftwerk songs (made in the 90ies i think).

my favourite of kraftwerk "Musique Non Stop"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZdvObu5G8&feature=related

and here is balanescu quartet, its really uncommon, you should check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRBPZl-Fmqk&feature=related&video=unblocked

• 1 year later...

I don't have much to add except I went to see them live last year when they did the Tour De France soundtracks plus greatest hits and it was without doubt the best gig I have ever been to, with the greatest sound I've ever heard and an amazing setlist. Top 5 band ever for me.

I cannot wait for their next album, regardless of who's left in the band, still trust them to deliver.

Have you guys checked out Strictly Kev's (DJ Food) series of Kraftwerk cover/inspired-by mixes? The man's a legendary DJ (he made Blech, after all) and his mixes are inspired, humorous & fun. I've only heard the 1st mix (of 8!) but it's highly recommended.

• 6 years later...

Ahhhh I remember listening to computer world, electric cafe and trans europe express back when i was just getting into electronic music. great music and great memories. almost never listen to kraftwerk these days but when i do itll always bring back fond memories.

Archived