IGNORED

The Traveller - A100

Redruth

"René Pawlowitz aka Shed returns to Ostgut Ton under the new moniker The Traveller and delivers the first 12” of this new project. Under his new guise Pawlowitz picks up at his roots and delivers a deep techno record made for the floor.

The beats on the A-Side “A 100” are fierce; the melodic synth line lifts you up while everything around appears to be burning down. The experimental first track on the B-side “BER” meanders without beats and full of broken chords around that moment of ecstasy without ever reaching a break. On the B-side’s second track “Bypass” René says hello to the techno-heroes, rolls out a red carpet and shows them what he has learned. Pack your bags and head for the dance floors."

http://ostgut.de/label/record/76

• 1 month later...

i dont actually care/it doesnt matter that much, but its kind of weird that you took my topic and made it yours instead.

you got merged friend. it is common occurrence when two identical topics exist. the topic with the earliest inception date consumes it's new counterpart. the watmm food chains. burp

ah right sorry. i only check the first page or two for other shit.

incidentally i saw shed last friday and was duly underwhelmed. as a producer i am consistently flabbergasted by the beauty of his techno, but ive seen him live four times now and everytime its always felt as if its building towards something it never reaches. this set on friday was largely based around the EQD 005 sound, kind of like trance mixed with deepness, and while his kickdrums were absolutely astounding through the funktion one, the rest of the music felt kind of lacking to me compared to his recent shit like this, wax 30303b, and the head RAVE release.

he seems like a sound guy anyway, i had a chat with him, pretty reserved and quiet.

flabbergasted

flabber, heh. i've always liked this word

ah right sorry. i only check the first page or two for other shit.

incidentally i saw shed last friday and was duly underwhelmed. as a producer i am consistently flabbergasted by the beauty of his techno, but ive seen him live four times now and everytime its always felt as if its building towards something it never reaches. this set on friday was largely based around the EQD 005 sound, kind of like trance mixed with deepness, and while his kickdrums were absolutely astounding through the funktion one, the rest of the music felt kind of lacking to me compared to his recent shit like this, wax 30303b, and the head RAVE release.

he seems like a sound guy anyway, i had a chat with him, pretty reserved and quiet.

maybe his off night? the records blend really well when mixed with other thingy's

who knows man, as i say, his tunes never fail to astound me, but ive seen him four times in the last 18 months and left feeling underwhelmed everytime.

This guy produces too much music

how do you work that one out? i mean, obviously if it was shit it would be a different matter, but if most of your shit is fuckin amazing, then this cannot be true. you clearly cant make too much good music

Archived