IGNORED

Might it be another 3 year wait?

splesh

I think it just might be. :sad: It would be nice to at least hear an announcement about a full length or even EP. My guess is it probably won't be released before the new Flying Lotus album due out this year and there's to be almost definitely no word on such a thing until the milking of the hype of Ufabulum dies down.

:cerious: We can pull through this, folks. As hard as it is.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Autechre are the most consistent of the leftfield electronica 'big-boys'. I wouldn't worry yourself about; they've had a steady stream of remixes, reissues and collabs since Oversteps. Personally I can wait for quite a while since there has been so much material over the years that I still need time to wrap my head around...

And in a way everything up to LP5 had some kinda continuity, Confield, Gantz Graf and Draft 7.30 had some, Quaristice and Oversteps had some vague kinda connection, and Untilted's kinda the black sheep of the family.

It's already been approx. two years, and the 2010 releases were pretty generous with content. What's another handful of months?

It's not like they've shown any indication of pulling an RDJ or a BOC.

Give them time. The 'Chre finds your impatience unseemly.

Booth announced in December 2011 that he had started working on tracks.

source?

Andrew McKenzie / Simply Superior podcast posted in this subforum

I'm not that impatient, but I'd be lying if I said a full-length Autechre release wasn't the most anticipated album in any given year for me.

Guest ReversedVertigo

I don't care how long it will take them to release another mastepiece.Let them take their time. They haven't dissapointed for 2 decades, they won't dissapoint now either, I reckon.

I don't think I have ever sat around waiting for a new AE album. Their back catalogue is mind-boggling and there is always summat to wrap my brain around.

Same here. Just checked my music library and I've got 25+ hours of Ae, and that doesn't even include any compilation one-offs, remixes, Lego Feet or Gescom. So yeah, take yer time lads.

i am patient but i can't wait to get that feeling again of playing a new AE album for the first time and at the end go WTF WAS THAT? DID YOU HEAR THAT SHIT? LET'S PLAY IT AGAIN!!! :wang:

i am patient but i can't wait to get that feeling again of playing a new AE album for the first time and at the end go WTF WAS THAT? DID YOU HEAR THAT SHIT? LET'S PLAY IT AGAIN!!! :wang:

Yes Grand Master Oooze!!

So very true :biggrin:

Yes Grand Master Oooze!!

So very true :biggrin:

Yes, I have quite fond memories of listening to Oversteps with everyone back in the ol' CHATMM days.

Archived