IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, luke viia said:

Alanis_Morissette_-_Jagged_Little_Pill.jpg.2c5aa87a882d657b66f9a7dc9894746b.jpg

been revisiting a lot of 90s music lately and hadn't heard this album in its entirety, like, ever. IT'S SO GOOD. 

Saw Taylor Hawkins drumming for her live and man that guy was good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

How is that even possible 

idk but it's officially one of the biggest regrets of my youth

edit: fwiw I knew/know all the singles by heart but never realized the entire album front to back just fuckin rules the night 

Edited by luke viia
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been working my way through the list from the other thread - Machinedrum, OPN, LFO.. so far the LFO and Ecco jams were my faves

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

download (3).jpg

download (4).jpg

download.jpg

images.jpg

Edited by hoggy
image format not recognised
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 6:25 AM, luke viia said:

Alanis_Morissette_-_Jagged_Little_Pill.jpg.2c5aa87a882d657b66f9a7dc9894746b.jpg

been revisiting a lot of 90s music lately and hadn't heard this album in its entirety, like, ever. IT'S SO GOOD. 

I liked it a lot when I was about 13, I don't listen to it these days, I might give it a go

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

517zDHxr82L._UF8941000_QL80_.thumb.jpg.fd2735e95a73e5632743e4633228b758.jpg

https://suncitygirls.bandcamp.com/album/with-a-beaker-on-the-burner-and-an-otter-in-the-oven

really good and very long album. definitely the most accessible project I've heard from a Sun City Girls member, hah. I dunno how to describe it except with bad references to other stuff I like: it's got a weird mix of Mutations- or One Foot-era Beck ("The Reason"), the sass of some of the early QOTSA (and Desert Sessions) stuff ("ILL," "Crackled Witch"), a dash of a twisted version of John Prine ("Dark In My Heart") and even a little Tom Waits ("Smokin' To Live").

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://miramartingray.bandcamp.com/album/different-parts-of-the-same-dream

Mira Martin-Gray's new EP Different Parts of the Same Dream is really cool overlapping synth motifs with some lovely analog tones

https://lineimprint.bandcamp.com/album/lupe-luep-peul-epul

An all time classic of the LINE record label. Those who like this kinda small sound/glitchy/ambient sound vibe should love this

An Evening With Dando Shaft is the first album by the psychedelic British folk group Dando Shaft. Opening number and much of it sounds like if Nick Drake made prog. If that sounds like your cuppa, sink your ears in and enjoy. If it makes you want to run for the hills, don't bother.

• 2 weeks later...

R-127758-001.jpg.929b2c3c6869630114625cef80146842.jpg

Ayr Unit & Midwich - The Happiest Music On Earth

Frog Pocket rarity from 2002, a collab with another artist Midwich I'm not familiar with. Three long tracks 11-15 mins each. Tracks 1 and 3 are drone-y ambient pieces - 3 with a bit of a harsher tone. Track 2 is more of a familiar Frog Pocket vibe with those trembly (pitched up?) melancholy violins playing a repeated sort of modal melody over a slow, very minimal beat. Really lovely tracks. Can't find it streaming anywhere and is likely rare as hell, but if you seek within your soul you will find it.

Discogs

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

MjI4Ni5qcGVn.jpeg
Very similar to Detroit techno but made in the Netherlands

a0559053042_10.jpg
Nice crunchy glitch overlaid on some droney slowcore

ab67616d0000b273f22487b047dbcb65ddb0c437
Classic Irish hippie psychedelic/progressive folk featuring a very young Clodagh Simmons

dando-shaft-lantaloon-lp.jpg
Another album by British folk rockers I mentioned before, Dando Shaft

b54f7b1086d7450a9524de0fc7af37ff.jpg
Anne Gillis is a classic industrial artist from France whose most famous works were in the 1980s

image.jpg?c=zvBRJqMKVWOJMAuuTeM0yD6KsMtt
Great contemporary free jazz

a0729519924_65
Lullatone - Little Songs About Raindrops is very cute electronic stuff a bit ambient a bit of "naive melodic sense"

a1462572873_65
Steve Bicknell - Why? and For Whom? is some classic banging UK techno

MjU0My5qcGVn.jpeg
First album by the great maestro Surgeon. Overlooked.

Mi5qcGVn.jpeg
Ronald Snijders is a great Surinamese-Dutch flautist who has recorded a decent amount of sometimes overlooked jazz funk.

0c396df2-110f-4e78-8cde-8ca2fea0ae99.jpg
Sigillum S' Trance Flexure. Early album by one of the better known Italian industrial artists

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First one of these I've actually gotten into. Really enjoyed it walking on an icy cold, foggy but starry night. Great fog album. Interesting "Variations on a theme" approach. I find a lot of the other stuff he's been doing lately is a bit cheesy for my tastes but I know he's good at what he does. There's a bit of that cheese in the final track, but mostly this album is just icy misty majestic mysterioso vibes. Recommended.

Edited by toaoaoad

a2141849342_16.jpg

Pretty trippy so far. glad I got the preorder. I also like how the coverart looks like some hands turning in circles

got this sunken artifacts compilation last week. still getting into this. pretty trippy as well. 

Charybdis Records is hit and miss but the hits are really great. also I really like this artwork as it really shows what the record is about: 

a3638823060_10.jpg

Edited by o00o

• 3 weeks later...

NzUtNjAyOS5qcGVn.jpeg
Pandit Nikhil Banerjee - The Hundred Minute Raga: Purabi Kalyan. Does what it says on the tin. 100 minutes and 10 seconds of one of the greatest sitar players to have ever been recorded and thankfully, there's a ton of Banerjee out there to hear, and pretty well all of it, if not all of it is worth your time.

810M8bCDERL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Allan Holdsworth - Atavachron. Fun but highly disposable guitar wankery from a very gifted shredder. Far from Holdsworth's most interesting playing but still entertaining.
51gs7sY6VPL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Alexander Kowalski - Progress. Some classic early 2000s techno on Kanzleramt. I don't know if it's his best but it's a good listen if you like European techno of this era
electronic-actress-ghettoville-3lp-vg-st
Actress - Ghettoville. One of my favourite full lengths by Darren Cunningham. Not quite as loved as Splazsh but more than most (but maybe not all) others
a1826827434_65
Government Alpha - Affective Imagery. Japanese harsh noise done well by one of my favourites other than Incapacitants or Merzbow. Maybe the noisician I reach for second most after Incapacitants
a3533123573_5.jpg
Sogar - Basal. Superb microsound.
blacktrufflecd03-afternoon_tea.jpg
This is not the cover I'm used to but an electroacoustic jam session between some heavyweights named after their gathering is Afternoon Tea.
a0291907477_65
Taylor Deupree - Somi. Lovely ambient from one of my favourites in the style and an exceptionally beautiful artwork, too.
My03NjYwLmpwZWc.jpeg
Pathologist - Putrefactive and Cadeverous Odes About Necroticism. The name and artwork say it all. Some lovely old school goregrind/death metal

• Like 2