IGNORED

do you guys feel weird that this exists?

Hoodie

I do not like it. I like to think watmm has a sort of musical integrity, and reddit watmm seems like the sort of people that just like epic bass and Newgrounds Audio Portal-esque music.

/hipster

I do not like it. I like to think watmm has a sort of musical integrity

Not possible, I post here.

Why would that make you uncomfortable?

Do you think Aphex or Paramount feel uncomfortable WATMM exists? What if Aphex or Paramount decide to trademark We Are The Music Makers? I bet you'll be singing a different song if that happens.

wot if willy wonka or the umpa lumpas trademark it aphex wud b in trubble

they're both music forums on the internet. that's why it could be uncomfortable. it's like if another sci-fi film came out this year called Prometheus... they wouldn't be like, nah, that's fine because like what if the Greek titan or his parents, Lapetus and Clymene, trademarked his name in 500 BC or whatever

yeah, exactly.

also, they have 36,000 members. what if they get big and start selling merchandise? they'd be making money off the name and that doesn't sound right to me. i honestly think joyrex should trademark "WATMM." we have been around longer and don't need dubstep fuckfaces intruding on the integrity of the WATMM brand.

What are you talking about? Joyrex didn't invent We Are The Music Makers nor he made it popular, if Reddit's WATMM starts selling merchandise and Joyrex decides to go to court he would loose, he has no case at all.

This thread makes me uncomfortable, the nerve ugh.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Why? Pooping is an hugely important part of life as a creature.

Do you think Aphex or Paramount feel uncomfortable WATMM exists? What if Aphex or Paramount decide to trademark We Are The Music Makers? I bet you'll be singing a different song if that happens.

they're both music forums on the internet. that's why it could be uncomfortable. it's like if another sci-fi film came out this year called Prometheus... they wouldn't be like, nah, that's fine because like what if the Greek titan or his parents, Lapetus and Clymene, trademarked his name in 500 BC or whatever

yeah, exactly.

also, they have 36,000 members. what if they get big and start selling merchandise? they'd be making money off the name and that doesn't sound right to me. i honestly think joyrex should trademark "WATMM." we have been around longer and don't need dubstep fuckfaces intruding on the integrity of the WATMM brand.

What are you talking about? Joyrex didn't invent We Are The Music Makers nor he made it popular, if Reddit's WATMM starts selling merchandise and Joyrex decides to go to court he would loose, he has no case at all.

he made a music forum called We Are The Music Makers though. surely you must understand the difference (?). i'm not talking about fucking court cases anyway. it's just courtesy, when naming something, to check that the same thing with the same name doesn't already exist

it's yet another thing that 'cheapens' watmm. i don't even like the name, let's go back to joyrex.com.

:derp:

yeah, exactly.

the reddit page was created about 4 years ago. our watmm has been around for what, 15 years?

i think we win in the "who came first" game

a music website called we are the music makers existed before this one?? wtf??! no it didn't

joyrex.com

let's get back to basics

Guest Lucy Faringold

Chrismorris.jpeg

"You're both at each others' throats, you're backing yourselves up with arms, what are you going to do about it? Let me give you a hint. BANG!"

Archived