IGNORED

London™ 2012™ Olympics®

Rubin Farr

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Thought the closing ceremony was hideous.

Noel Gallagher has always been crap (possibly needs to go into rehab?)

It was Liam Gallagher murdering Wonderwall, weren't it? Either way, your point remains valid.

Guest jasondonervan

Ceephax covering Squarepusher. Criminal.

Aphex Twin in a tank humming Fenixfunk 5 (possibly needs to go back into rehab?)

Plaid sounding and looking shit.

Montage of Boards of Canada clips like it was some sort of Obituary (and then they weren't there in person).

Jamie Lidell singing a song people know, then a song nobody knows (possibly needs to go back into rehab?)

Bola has always been crap (possibly needs to go into rehab?)

Wheeling µ-Ziq out of cryogenic stasis (again) and sticking him on a model of a viking long ship.

The saving grace were Autechre who always sound stunning live.

And the LCD lightshows on the seats, they were rather good.

Turned it off before the end, Aphex was the stopping point. Fucking idiot.

Didnt see Luke Vibert, probably a good thing.

Oh, and apparently LFO was there. But nobody knows his Official™ Olympics® Song ™ because the BBC have not been playing it, and its not been played at any of the events as they have been sticking to DMX Krew.

So overall they should have picked less rehab related IDM-stars, and some that were better.

Aphex Twin in a tank humming Fenixfunk 5 (possibly needs to go back into rehab?)

Montage of Boards of Canada clips like it was some sort of Obituary (and then they weren't there in person).

Jamie Lidell singing a song people know, then a song nobody knows (possibly needs to go back into rehab?)

Wheeling µ-Ziq out of cryogenic stasis (again) and sticking him on a model of a viking long ship.

Oh, and apparently LFO was there. But nobody knows his Official™ Olympics® Song ™ because the BBC have not been playing it, and its not been played at any of the events as they have been sticking to DMX Krew.

So overall they should have picked less rehab related IDM-stars, and some that were better.

post of the year

this was funny

I'm all for sneering as much as the next guy, but i enjoyed the olympics, genuinely inspiring at some points and any opening ceremony that starts with fuck buttons gets a pass from me.

BUT that closing ceremony sucked balls - i thought we as a country were going to fuck up the olympics something awful with some middle-of-the-road pop idol bollocks, and that ceremony was everything i'd feared. Terrible way to end a very good 2 weeks.

my wife recorded the closing ceremony, and as it was winding down i realized i had not yet seen ray davies perform "waterloo sunset". nbc cut it as part of the same "tailoring to american audiences" that saw the 7/7 tribute axed from the opening ceremony.

fuckers

I wanted to watch the closing ceremony, only because I read on The Kinks' Facebook feed that there was going to be a special surprise at the closing ceremony.

I ended up missing the whole thing because of a friend's BBQ. I guess it all worked out.

"dirty old window...

Dobble dee doo da...

Dumble dee dumble doo"

I love that song, actually.

my wife recorded the closing ceremony, and as it was winding down i realized i had not yet seen ray davies perform "waterloo sunset". nbc cut it as part of the same "tailoring to american audiences" that saw the 7/7 tribute axed from the opening ceremony.

fuckers

I wanted to watch the closing ceremony, only because I read on The Kinks' Facebook feed that there was going to be a special surprise at the closing ceremony.

I ended up missing the whole thing because of a friend's BBQ. I guess it all worked out.

"dirty old window...

Dobble dee doo da...

Dumble dee dumble doo"

fuckers

"dirty old window...

Dobble dee doo da...

Dumble dee dumble doo"

Aside from all of the acrobatic clowns, that was awesome.

Thanks for sharing!

Would anybody have even contemplated watching that ceremony, let alone felt compelled to defend it against the moaners - "ooh come on guys it was just a big great fun pop concert" - if it hadn't been part of the Olympics? If it was just a big Royal Gala party with the Spice Girls, George Michael, Liam Gallagher etc. being the bunch of cunts that they are?

Somehow being preceded by 2 weeks of sport made it OK to enjoy shit.

Maybe they should have Mo Farah running for 30 minutes every Saturday before X Factor.

Guest Iain C

Would anybody have even contemplated watching that ceremony, let alone felt compelled to defend it against the moaners - "ooh come on guys it was just a big great fun pop concert" - if it hadn't been part of the Olympics? If it was just a big Royal Gala party with the Spice Girls, George Michael, Liam Gallagher etc. being the bunch of cunts that they are?

Maybe they should have Mo Farah running for 30 minutes every Saturday before X Factor.

i don't think that being this cynical and jaded is called for. so what if people (eg me) liked it? you saying we're somehow wrong in that? that we're being stupid and buying into some commercial crap or something? how about if i just enjoyed it at face value and didn't try to read too much into the whole thing - is that wrong in your opinion? why is your opinion worth more than everybody elses? why keep coming into this thread just to be a cunt about the whole thing - how about you just not post in here any more as it seems to really annoy you every time you enter this thread...

No need to get your knickers in a twist. My post wasn't addressed at you in particular. It appears that there's more defending the right to like it and criticising the opinions of nay-sayers than vice versa. It seems to me like people are defending their right to enjoy what they know is actually pretty shit. Nothing wrong with that. All good clean fun. But am I wrong to express my opinion of it. At no point have I professed my opinion to be more valid than others. I'm just genuinely baffled that anyone on here could enjoy what was clearly a steaming pile of unpolished dogturd from start to finish. Also it's not as if you've never waded into a topic and called something out on being shit (in your opinion) is it?

Hah !!

Funny thing is though mate, they probably like the x-factor as well. Just never got around to telling us before this.

;-]

Archived