IGNORED

London™ 2012™ Olympics®

Rubin Farr

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me over 4 hours to get from Oxford to Victoria yesterday morning, and the "games lanes" were not even open yet! If there had been 1 lane even less for normal traffic I might still be trying to get there now.

How incredibly crass, sponsorship vehicles as part of the torch relay. Good grief.

yeah, I hadn't noticed that till those photos. Those vans have driven all over britain. Mindblowing

I'm surprised they let Gary Glitter take part in the relay, but more power to him I suppose.

The 'surprise' in Danny Boyle's opening ceremony is him chasing after the Vietnamese gymnastics team.

Guest The Bro

I live in Leyton in East London and the Olympics is literally right on my doorstep. Its gonna be crazy when it kicks off as there's no way the Central Line will cope with the extra volume. We're talking a million extra folks in East London!! My patch balloons when there are Leyton Orient matches and that's an extra 5000 in the area so I can't imagine what a few hundred thousand will mean.

Guest The Bro

If it's anything like past editions, it'll mean endless hours of nothing else on TV but unknown people playing all kinds of sports/track and field competitions one didn't even knew existed. I don't know how people still get excited over the olympics, it's too many things happening at once and you have to sift through it all to get to 2 or 3 sports that you do enjoy. I'll be watching out for soccer and basketball mostly, but still not expecting a lot out of it. Maybe volleyball will be interesting as well.

I was in London a week ago for the Bloc debacle. The DLR is looking good but I suspect they'll still have big traffic/transportation issues. Most londoners I know feel it's mostly a hassle, that the olympics are looked upon as a real estate boom for certain areas of the city more than anything else.

The real estate boom is really down to the investment in the local area and definitely Westfield. Olympics doesn't have much to do with it imo as it'll be over very quickly. That said Stratford is a good location and has a lot going for it. Its my patch so I know the area very well. Only thing missing really is a decent bit of night culture otherwise I love East London.

i bet whatever 14 year old work experience kid they got to do the flag + photo graphics never even knew there was a north and south korea.

Archived