IGNORED

iTAL tEK - Nebula Dance

Another thing I like about Ital Tek is that he gives some tracks away for free like:

Double

Lightning Fields

Flex Plexico

Arashiyama

Finally

Papillon

Ray GunPixal Haze (VIP)

Discontinuum (Alternate non-Album version)

Bable VIP

Satellite (Extended version)

Pixel Haze (Alternative Half Step version)

I think there's some more. I'll have to check my hard drive.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cult fiction

His rhythms are incredible but the synths he uses are totally soulless - he either needs to go full on hudmo/rustie cheese or pick up some decent hardware. Nebula Dance was jawdropping until the synths came in.

sounds like Flashbulb trying to do Galaxy Garden via paint by numbers method. I don't mean to be a hater but it sounds empty to me

really weak melodies and all around lack of punch on the beats.

you sure you've heard everything he's ever done? you might not like his melodies but he can bring the beats for sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3tUUPiDcAc

it's passable.

Guest Popemobile v2

I'm convinced that Kuedo secretly recorded this album and Mr. Ital Tek put it out under his own name. For real though, I'm sure he heard Severant and took at least a little inspiration from it, if only unintentionally. I didn't particularly care for earlier Ital Tek I've heard but this thing is pretty cool, and I really gotta disagree with those complaining about the melodies and synths. While the low-end is interesting and he's found a way to make those beatz interesting, I don't think I would be interested in this album without the evocative synth melodies. Yar.

Regarding those free tracks mentioned above ^^^, where the hell do you download them? There's some tracks posted on the Ital Tek Soundcloud page, but no download link.

I'm convinced that Kuedo secretly recorded this album and Mr. Ital Tek put it out under his own name. For real though, I'm sure he heard Severant and took at least a little inspiration from it, if only unintentionally. I didn't particularly care for earlier Ital Tek I've heard but this thing is pretty cool, and I really gotta disagree with those complaining about the melodies and synths. While the low-end is interesting and he's found a way to make those beatz interesting, I don't think I would be interested in this album without the evocative synth melodies. Yar.

Regarding those free tracks mentioned above ^^^, where the hell do you download them? There's some tracks posted on the Ital Tek Soundcloud page, but no download link.

When they go up on soundcloud you can generally download them for a week or so before the free slots fill up.....

A few were given away on his bandcamp page as well if I remember correctly.

Terminate this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHCzjKmCU9s

I hope he is not ashamed of this early work, I think its lush

His earliest stuff (especially the first album.) generally seems more involved and rich/detailed, actually. The newer stuff sounds like it comes together very quickly...which isn't necessarily a bad thing..

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How in the world did I miss this? I was in a haze during that time I guess, trying to apply to grad school.

It's so good. I listened to Pixel Haze and Gonga a lot in 2011. This really makes me want more from The Host too.

I am going to listen to this and Control simultaneously. Just drop both albums into audacity and pan to the left and right respectively.

His earliest stuff (especially the first album.) generally seems more involved and rich/detailed, actually. The newer stuff sounds like it comes together very quickly...which isn't necessarily a bad thing..

I second that. And though in general it's nothing bad (Machinedrum and Clark also state in recent interviews, they started to finish stuff more quickly and get better results this way) for me the new Ital Tek isn't doing much. The rhythms aren't that ground-breaking or hard that they alone keep my interest up and the synths and melodys are quite shallow, so...

He knows exactly what he is doing. Besides, there aren't many others making stuff like this right now, not really. I'm typically a very melody-driven person, but what he is doing is about a concept of a form of music. He makes it, and it really sounds like this certain form of music, so much so that it instantly familiarizes the listener with the patterns and gives hints to where it will go, but that is kind of the point. So if you aren't careful, you will listen and think that it is shallow or predictable, but if you take a step back, there isn't this massive body of music like that.

Besides, his track Gonga pretty much defined a whole year of UK boiler room sets. People don't give him enough recognition.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived