IGNORED

iPhone 5

J3FF3R00

checked today and apparently I can upgrade in feb...that's kind of half way between the 5 & 5S I guess...dunno whether to hang on a few more months. who am I kidding, soon as I can I'll get a 5 innit.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea you guys are right, 5 makes more sense i suppose. ive read the camera issue may be due to the sapphire lens? im also thinking it is just people blowing things out of proportion.

you are happy so far joyrex?

Gonna agree with Joyrex, I've used Maps a bit so far on my iPhone 5 and have had complete success and been pretty impressed

No purple hazing camera issues here either. I gotta mention the new panorama feature. Yes there are apps that could do this before, but this one works so easy and produces much better results in my experience

I'm sorry to throw this hate up in the thread, but the fact that you're talking about turn-by-turn directions and panoramic camera makes me lol.

Android done did it.

You guys are great though :wub:

I'm sorry to throw this hate up in the thread, but the fact that you're talking about turn-by-turn directions and panoramic camera makes me lol.

Android done did it.

You guys are great though :wub:

I'm pretty sure everyone knows Android had it.

And so did iPhone via third party apps.

Android done did it.

Hi, welcome to Korean(Japanese) feature phones circa 2002. and prior to that, Korean in car GPS systems, which were ubiquituos fucking eons ago.

Android didn't do it any more than Apple didn't do it.

fanboi/hatorade based on mobile OSes. fucking lol

Its interesting how they even banned the new turn by turn navigation from iPhone 4 saying its not able to do it while I have a ton of apps that can. Same with Siri.

I will not upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 but jailbreak it instead to get Siri

Guest Al Hounos

Is there an equivalent of iMessage on Android?

Kakao Talk is pretty great. also, it's cross-platform. here in korea it's used by 99.9% of the population under 40.

Also an interesting aticle on the Huff about Apple choice to drop Google Maps.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/27/ios-maps-apple-google_n_1921324.html

I would have quoted more reasons if I wouldn't have to go into that friggin slideshow...

"Apple apparently felt that the older Google Maps-powered Maps in iOS were falling behind Android — particularly since they didn't have access to turn-by-turn navigation, which Google has shipped on Android phones for several years,"

most iphone users know that android has features that iphones don't. most iphone users also know the iphones provide a much better user experience that androids do not.

yeah still I hate how apple shits big craps on people with 1 1/2 year old products. The iPhone 4 was released in 2010 and is not really supported anymore by the new iOS even so it would be totally possible. They artificially disable features to force people on buying new phones.

To be fair my old Sony Ericsson candybar semi-smartphone from 2007 could take very decent panoramic photo

Is there an equivalent of iMessage on Android?

Kakao Talk is pretty great. also, it's cross-platform. here in korea it's used by 99.9% of the population under 40.

Everybody I know - on iOS, Android, BB, even one guy with a Windows phone - uses Whatsapp. It's the best.

Now they even apologize for their bad maps:

http://www.apple.com...m-cook-on-maps/

To our customers,

At Apple, we strive to make world-class products that deliver the best experience possible to our customers. With the launch of our new Maps last week, we fell short on this commitment. We are extremely sorry for the frustration this has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can to make Maps better.

We launched Maps initially with the first version of iOS. As time progressed, we wanted to provide our customers with even better Maps including features such as turn-by-turn directions, voice integration, Flyover and vector-based maps. In order to do this, we had to create a new version of Maps from the ground up.

There are already more than 100 million iOS devices using the new Apple Maps, with more and more joining us every day. In just over a week, iOS users with the new Maps have already searched for nearly half a billion locations. The more our customers use our Maps the better it will get and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback we have received from you.

While we’re improving Maps, you can try alternatives by downloading map apps from the App Store like Bing, MapQuest and Waze, or use Google or Nokia maps by going to their websites and creating an icon on your home screen to their web app.

Everything we do at Apple is aimed at making our products the best in the world. We know that you expect that from us, and we will keep working non-stop until Maps lives up to the same incredibly high standard.

Tim Cook

Apple’s CEO

most iphone users know that android has features that iphones don't. most iphone users also know the iphones provide a much better user experience that androids do not.

yeah still I hate how apple shits big craps on people with 1 1/2 year old products. The iPhone 4 was released in 2010 and is not really supported anymore by the new iOS even so it would be totally possible. They artificially disable features to force people on buying new phones.

They are not "artificially disabling" anything - the newer features require a faster processor, and the older model phones couldn't provide the same experience without compromise, so they opted to remove the feature from the lesser hardware. This is the first time Apple has had this many handsets to support (3GS, 4, 4S, and now 5), and as a result, they've unfortunately had to make the decision to fracture the OS, much like what plagues the Android OS (although it's fracturing has more to do with it's greatest strength - it's customization and open-source nature - being it's greatest weakness as well). That being said, iOS6 on an iPhone 4 is hardly a lesser experience, considering the vast majority of features still work fine.

They are not "artificially disabling" anything - the newer features require a faster processor, and the older model phones couldn't provide the same experience without compromise, so they opted to remove the feature from the lesser hardware. This is the first time Apple has had this many handsets to support (3GS, 4, 4S, and now 5), and as a result, they've unfortunately had to make the decision to fracture the OS, much like what plagues the Android OS (although it's fracturing has more to do with it's greatest strength - it's customization and open-source nature - being it's greatest weakness as well). That being said, iOS6 on an iPhone 4 is hardly a lesser experience, considering the vast majority of features still work fine.

NAVIGON does turn by turn Navigation since ages. Siri does work on jailbroken iPhone 4 devices. Google has a SIRI alike app in the pipeline. They don't accept it because they want you to buy more phones.

fanboi/hatorade based on mobile OSes. fucking lol

I'm not sure we can hope for long term survival as a species when people get butthurt about other people's choice in fucking phones.

Actually, I'm sure we can't.

Archived