IGNORED

iPhone 5

J3FF3R00

I have a cell phone, it calls people, it works, i don't even know what its called, it was free. to me though a phone, unless you are commuting to work for some time and need a mobile computer thing, the phones today are just distractions or shortcuts to otherwise simple tasks. not to mention how fucking zoned these zombie morons get or how every god damn thing in the world is interesting enough that a picture must be taken, uploaded to instafart and spread all over the airways like a masturbitory cum gun unloading all over the god damn place. it's disgusting and disrespectful. but go ahead, continue making your mark and linking up with the new society of lazy but occupied. I don't got shit to do so instead of forcing my pea size brain to initiate my thought processor and be present to reality, I'm gonna stare at this nice shiny rectangle because I am the lord and thy phone is my weapon for all to wonder and aspire to know.

Get real.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a cell phone, it calls people, it works, i don't even know what its called, it was free. to me though a phone, unless you are commuting to work for some time and need a mobile computer thing, the phones today are just distractions or shortcuts to otherwise simple tasks. not to mention how fucking zoned these zombie morons get or how every god damn thing in the world is interesting enough that a picture must be taken, uploaded to instafart and spread all over the airways like a masturbitory cum gun unloading all over the god damn place. it's disgusting and disrespectful. but go ahead, continue making your mark and linking up with the new society of lazy but occupied. I don't got shit to do so instead of forcing my pea size brain to initiate my thought processor and be present to reality, I'm gonna stare at this nice shiny rectangle because I am the lord and thy phone is my weapon for all to wonder and aspire to know.

Get real.

oh you're so cool

Get real.

I'll remember this post when you're inevitably one of my clients emailing me for an urgent response at 11pm.

i thought that too...not the apple crumbling thing (not going to happen any time soon really, let's be honest), but that they have possibly lost some of the "magic" as it were. don't seem as innovative these days somehow...a bit toned down maybe. i think jobs had a much clearer vision of where the company was heading etc and also probably stood up to the board/major shareholders in terms of risk-taking and innovation. i can see apple becoming more bland and "universal" maybe.

Holy shit. You can't get public transportation routes from maps anymore! You click on the old bus icon and a pop up window shows you a list of apps to buy from the App Store for getting routes. Gee I wonder what map API those apps use for displaying the routes...

Total fail. What a terrible terrible thing to do. I really can't wait to switch to android now!

what sort of extremely innovating things are people looking for?

to me they seem to be just perfecting things on the phone, making things faster and what not. i mean this is a computer company that turned an untouchable market into something they own more than half of in 5 years. they cant possibly reinvent things every single year.

I've seen a few major complaints on facebook from friends who have updated their iOS.

I have a 3GS, so I don't think I'll even bother.

I also heard some stuff on NPR about how shitty the navigation is. Some guy said his phone showed him going in the exact opposite direction than he was.

function better and last longer?

I've got a 2450mah battery off ebay for £10 and it lasts ages in fact I've got two for festivals and log journeys, I've also got a micro sd card slot :derp:

is the internet browser still painfully slow on iPhones?

It seems to run fine on a 3Gs.... it's just that I feel there really isn't anything exciting added on, and I lost my maps.

I can now swipe down to refresh my email (this has been done by someone else before... they should sue apple for 1 billions dollars), and I can have the option to send someone a text that basically says "im ignoring your phone call".

Archived