IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Point I am making is that on the internet, giving weight to something is discussing, if it sucks just ignore it.

It's sort of like the scene in Ghostbusters were Gozar tells the gbusters that whoever they think of as an opponent they will face. If you're thinking about how much something sucks and you can't help it, it's cathartic to write about it or to express it in some fashion. Bottling up hated and anger is much less healthy imo.

Point I am making is that on the internet, giving weight to something is discussing, if it sucks just ignore it.

It's sort of like the scene in Ghostbusters were Gozar tells the gbusters that whoever they think of as an opponent they will face. If you're thinking about how much something sucks and you can't help it, it's cathartic to write about it or to express it in some fashion. Bottling up hated and anger is much less healthy imo.

I guess hipsters and pitchfork doesn't make me upset then. There are far more vile, non-subjective things happening in the world and in my own life that I devote anger and hatred towards. Like politics, religion, attitudes, dishonesty...

go back a few pages to see that isn't about pitchfork as a whole or hipsters.

True at this point of this conversation I am exaggerating what has taken place in this thread. But on the whole, internet culture seems to find it necessary to direct a lot of energy towards mainly differences of opinions, not factually immoral or disturbing things. Tis all

carry on

I was implying it was fun, not necessary.

Sorry missed the edit you made in my post to replace necessary with fun.

Fun is good but maybe not at the expense of mockery/shaming other peoples subjective outlooks? The fact the internet keeps us impersonal and separated from each other doesn't mean being a bully towards random people is ok though.

/rant

Edited by compson

*cringes*

Whats wrong with treating people with respect? A critic simply is another opinion of the ocean of opinions. No need to make fun of his name or laugh at images of him on the internet.

Edited by compson

*cringes*

Whats wrong with treating people with respect? A critic simply is another opinion of the ocean of opinions. No need to make fun of his name or laugh at images of him on the internet.

Oh Jesus Fucking Waaah! That "Untilted" review was SO obnoxious. What's more, it's the worst sort of obnoxious, indicative of a person who was trying to show off that he read a "hot" book in some undergraduate intellectual circles. It's exactly the sort of thing that if I wrote it, I would be embarrassed of it; I would admit (maybe with the buffer of a few years) that I would deserve mockery for it. It doesn't need to be personal--if the author has grown and isn't writing such immature reviews, then the author deserves respect. But that review deserves all the mockery it's getting, and more. (I say this not because I liked "Untilted" so much--it's not my favorite Autechre album--but because the review was so embarrassing.)

*cringes*

Oh Jesus Fucking Waaah! That "Untilted" review was SO obnoxious. What's more, it's the worst sort of obnoxious, indicative of a person who was trying to show off that he read a "hot" book in some undergraduate intellectual circles. It's exactly the sort of thing that if I wrote it, I would be embarrassed of it; I would admit (maybe with the buffer of a few years) that I would deserve mockery for it. It doesn't need to be personal--if the author has grown and isn't writing such immature reviews, then the author deserves respect. But that review deserves all the mockery it's getting, and more. (I say this not because I liked "Untilted" so much--it's not my favorite Autechre album--but because the review was so embarrassing.)

thank you sir

*cringes*

thank you sir

"It doesn't need to be personal"

It shouldn't be personal. It's an opinion of a piece of music. I have no problem with making fun of someones writing style, review, etc, but making fun of their name or what they look like is wrong. Its that kind of outlook, the youtube comments making fun of retarded people or people who make dumb decisions that I just can't understand. Bullying essentially and it serves no purpose other than to make someone feel inadequate as a human being. Reasonable criticism is always a good thing.

I took it that the name was attached as a clear indication that the mock-review was referring to a real-life terrible review that happened to be by that person. I didn't think anyone was making fun of that person for his name. Maybe I missed something, though--this thread is growing faster than Tetsuo's amoeba-arm. In any event, for the record, I was endowed with a name for which I endured much mockery for most of my childhood, so I'm (somewhat) sensitive to the issue of being picked on, etc. But that review sucked, and I still loll at the "new" one for Exai. That was genius.

The existence of the "untilted" review is now justified, just because it led to the birth of the Exai review.

I took it that the name was attached as a clear indication that the mock-review was referring to a real-life terrible review that happened to be by that person. I didn't think anyone was making fun of that person for his name. Maybe I missed something, though--this thread is growing faster than Tetsuo's amoeba-arm. In any event, for the record, I was endowed with a name for which I endured much mockery for most of my childhood, so I'm (somewhat) sensitive to the issue of being picked on, etc. But that review sucked, and I still loll at the "new" one for Exai. That was genius.

The existence of the "untilted" review is now justified, just because it led to the birth of the Exai review.

The faux review I have no problem with and found pretty funny.

The other thing is that I did intern at pitchfork and the other employees are really reasonable, nice, and music enthusiastic people (like watmm). Pitchfork of course is a business that tries to remain viable, its the nature of the game for them to be "trendy." They make their money at their Festival so their reviews kind of are dictated by what they want/think they can court for that Chicago show. The size of the office we were in was tiny, maybe room for 10-12 posters in the whole place. 2 of them were Autechre posters, Untilted and Draft, and another was an Aphex Twin poster which I was able to take at the end of my work there, was a dope 26 mixes for cash one. Anyway I know its all in good fun and such I just think it contributes to a dangerous cycle of perpetuating hate for no constructive purposes.

Edited by compson

Guest disoriental express

FOR FUCKINGS SAKES MORE AE IS NEEDED IN MAH VEINSES!!!!.....

dudes..... did you realize how grate Altibzz is yet?

um..

hey guys you excited for Exai? more AE beats, yeah?

lol, w/e man

of course I am excited I just wanted to add some of my own insights to the prior discussion of why pitchfork sucks.

Edited by compson