IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Ah, some hope for those wanting it but Bleep get it's shit together:

The "Album Only" tracks on iTunes can only be purchased if you buy the entire album - they just cannot be bought as individual tracks. Sorry for any confusion earlier!

It's a dollar more on iTunes, but if you absolutely cannot wait for the fervour around Bleep to die down...

I'm sure Sean and Rob wouldn't mind you purchasing another copy :emotawesomepm9:

Guest jasondonervan

bleep is fucking inaccessible right now

The 24bit WAV download just started at my end. Not sure if people are stuffing the zip with all versions, but I just selected them individually and they kicked in (eventually)

Guest the anonymous forumite

The "Album Only" tracks on iTunes can only be purchased if you buy the entire album - they just cannot be bought as individual tracks. Sorry for any confusion earlier!

It's a dollar more on iTunes, but if you absolutely cannot wait for the fervour around Bleep to die down...

I'm sure Sean and Rob wouldn't mind you purchasing another copy :emotawesomepm9:

does itunes have all the versions ?

Edited by the anonymous forumite

I wouldn't want to have to go on some illegal website to have it tonite

edit: syntax fail

edit2: as if Bleep wasn't used to have that much traffic, lol

Edited by the anonymous forumite

Guest disoriental express

Wow....just been driving through the northern new york countryside in my grandparent's maxima with the volume at 20+. I'm talking threshhold of pain volume. And what do I have to say?

This album is dangerous.

Exai is deadly and mean.

Exai is frightening. I think it might have the potential to induce temporary psychosis in untrained minds.

Exai is weaponry.

Most of Exai has an energy like the most intense part of lentic catachresis mixed with augmatic disport, but honed down to a knive's edge and funkified to extreme levels of head-bumpery...fuck.

Exai recontextualizes every piece of autechre before it.

Remember rook's review of confield? That beast that killed rook at the end of confield is back.

Some people have said confield was 'painful'. This album contains many many times more pain.

But the pain is tempered with the quality that words cannot properly describe...that rythmic timbral excellence that makes it hurt so good.

There are trax where you get lead in all sorts of directions, giving you nice things, mean things, testing and tempting you, and then it briefly awards you with a moment where perfection is achieved.

I highly reccomend that anyone who is listening to this on headphones should give it a go, really fucking loud, on full-range speakers. You need that bass to rumble your innards for full effect.

lush post

terminator-thumbs-up.gif

I also think that if you're listening to this on a big system, you should take a break to collect your wits in between disc 1
and disc 2. I was absolutely exhausted after listening to disc 1 at
full blast. Sonic fucking assault.

First listen:

- The mix sounds weird, but I can see this growing on me.

- This is an acceptable release in their canon.

- Disc 2 is better than Disc 1.

- Disc 2 alone would have been a phenomenal release.

Second listen:

- Very possibly the best album they have ever done and I'm only back on Disc 1 again.

I'm

cd1 is the light and happy side

cd2 is the dark angry side

correct?

I'm dark & angry myself right now, bleep can die.

does itunes have all the versions ?

You mean the WAVs, etc.? LOL, of course not.

iTunes Japan does have Keysoc, the exclusive Japan-only album track, and yes, you have to buy the whole album to get it - it's also been flagged "Album Only".

Guest Roksen Creek

Arghhh, what's all this "Time Left: Unknown", "Percent Done: Unknown" business?

Frickin Bleep. This is taking too long.

I'm

correct?

I'm dark & angry myself right now, bleep can die.

correct?

Too soon for me to say honestly. The first parts of cd1 seemed brutal for me.

CD1 is pretty much nonstop sonic warfare with a few moments to chill out and then a kind of healing process in bladelores

CD2 is an entirely different battle, switched up weapons, culminating in their most aggressive track ever, spl9, yet still moving with a lot of steam and girth behind it.

By the time you're done with exai your brain feels kind of like the 11th hour of a hard hard acid trip.

I cant wait to see the definitive reviews on this. Wire, et al. Even pitchfuckingfork. I also REALLY hope an interview comes out for this.

Me too but I don't even know what they can say about this. They fucking did it. They totally redeemed themselves after Oversteps. I was sure they were heading off a cliff.