IGNORED

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'ALLELUJAH! DON'T BEND! ASCEND!

zlemflolia

'ALLELUJAH! DON'T BEND! ASCEND!

http://cstrecords.com/CST081/

CST081web.jpg

DESCRIPTION

We are proud to announce the first new recordings by Godspeed You! Black Emperor in a decade. Featuring two twenty-minute slabs of epic instrumental rock music and two six-and-a-half minute drones, ‘ALLELUJAH! DON’T BEND! ASCEND! provides soaring, shining proof of the band’s powerful return to form.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking for a thread about this. How did I not see it ?!?!

I hope it's good.

Honestly, their first two (and the first Silver Mount Zion) definitely had their moments when they were new, but I feel like they don't really stand the test of time.

I think that largely has to do with the fact that so many bands have tried to mimic their sound that it does the source a disservice.

Nice.

Hopefully they do some slow minor-key stuff for a change.

Also, I heard that one of the band members accidentally smiled during their last tour, and as a result he wasn't allowed to put Sriracha on his steamed mush rations.

Guest Ron Manager

Gamelan and Albanian are two great tracks, really excited for this!

Seriously. The fact that these two tracks are finally getting proper releases is fucking out of this world. I'm really excited.

For those who haven't listened to live bootlegs (or seen them live), Mladic and We Drift Like Worried Fire can be found as Albanian and Gamelan. Check them out.

Anyone know which UK online shops will be stocking this? Not sure if Bleep or Boomkat ever carry Constellation...

The total weight of the GYBE 180gLP+7" exceeds 500g. This means that for orders placed in our webshop destined to addresses outside North America, the shipping cost alone (from our warehouse in Montreal via Canada Post Air Mail) will be $34 or more. Constellation does not offer overseas surface mail (i.e. by boat) as it is impossible to track these parcels and they can take 3-6 weeks to arrive.

We advise LP customers from outside North America to wait until local independent mail-order companies in your region have made the album available for pre-order, which should be during the period October 2-8.

Gamelan and Albanian are two great tracks, really excited for this!

Seriously. The fact that these two tracks are finally getting proper releases is fucking out of this world. I'm really excited.

For those who haven't listened to live bootlegs (or seen them live), Mladic and We Drift Like Worried Fire can be found as Albanian and Gamelan. Check them out.

Anyone know which UK online shops will be stocking this? Not sure if Bleep or Boomkat ever carry Constellation...

The total weight of the GYBE 180gLP+7" exceeds 500g. This means that for orders placed in our webshop destined to addresses outside North America, the shipping cost alone (from our warehouse in Montreal via Canada Post Air Mail) will be $34 or more. Constellation does not offer overseas surface mail (i.e. by boat) as it is impossible to track these parcels and they can take 3-6 weeks to arrive.

We advise LP customers from outside North America to wait until local independent mail-order companies in your region have made the album available for pre-order, which should be during the period October 2-8.

Norman have tweeted that they'll have pre-order details up later today.

Guest umop_apisdn

ho lee shit.

The only bad part about this news is that evidently, they're touring. The one show they have in the Carolinas is in 2 days and sold the fuck out. :(

Guest Ron Manager

In December 2010 I had tickets to see them in both Glasgow and Manchester but I got fucking snowed in (I live in Fife) and missed BOTH SHOWS. Still have never seen them live :(

PS pre-order is up!

In December 2010 I had tickets to see them in both Glasgow and Manchester but I got fucking snowed in (I live in Fife) and missed BOTH SHOWS. Still have never seen them live :(

PS pre-order is up!

Unlucky mate, they truly are fantastic live. Saw them in 2002 in Colchester (DMST supporting!) and at ATP 2010. Amazing.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

woot! very excited for new gy!be

and now the words 'don't bend, ascend' on the poster i bought at their last show make more sense too

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i got excited when i preordered as it said "mp3s are available instantly" but they weren't. oh well october 15 is soon

Archived