IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

Crazy solid things again up there.

Me and my painting buddy were making these small pieces a couple of years ago for a artsy project that lasted about a year. Now we're inviting people to take out babies home, they're pretty idmish abstracts:

http://renatapeter.wixsite.com/renatapeter/galerija-kosov

Sorry for all the text on the page being in slovenian, it'll change soonish.

100_2436.jpg

052.jpg

Y7HAQKEqiPM.jpg

I also made a video. I think it's not bad given the fact that I used a camera phone (not an iPhone 567, just Philips)  ;). I want to make the short track to this video. light and shade did a good job here.

Nice Chim!! how long did this take? did you only reference one photo?

Thanks! Procreate says I've spent 26 hours on it. I used a blurry YouTube screenshot. Most of the time was spent trying to get the right colors, I don't color pick off of my references and with a shitty picture it gets pretty hard. I almost had to change color with each brushstroke so a lot of headaches were involved. But it's a rare reference of a human ribcage that isn't some clinical, idealized model, and it's pretty good practice.

I got the size of the hands really wrong due to the hard angle, but managed to make some convincing fingertips that were out of frame in the original. I'll probably spend less time trying to exactly replicate photos in the future.

Nice Chim!! how long did this take? did you only reference one photo?

Thanks! Procreate says I've spent 26 hours on it. I used a blurry YouTube screenshot. Most of the time was spent trying to get the right colors, I don't color pick off of my references and with a shitty picture it gets pretty hard. I almost had to change color with each brushstroke so a lot of headaches were involved. But it's a rare reference of a human ribcage that isn't some clinical, idealized model, and it's pretty good practice.

I got the size of the hands really wrong due to the hard angle, but managed to make some convincing fingertips that were out of frame in the original. I'll probably spend less time trying to exactly replicate photos in the future.

No colour picking from your reference respect! Thats handy discipline to have if you're looking to paint in oils + acrylics.  

gif I made this week.

tumblr_oh7acwooaS1v285y6o1_500.gif