IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

I'm doing a fortnightly radio show on FutureMusic called Dream Machine playing vaporwave, ambient, outsider house and a few bits of new age and Berlin-school/synth stuff - currently live at http://futuremusic.fm, all shows will be archived on Mixcloud too.

Oh man, dope! Just tuned in listening right now.. thanks for the heads up.

Can't wait til this tape comes out... listening again, so classy. i know most have already heard about this comp, but just had to post it again, total essential

i emailed them asking about ordering some - they said another 100 were in the works but I take it the preorders aren't even out yet?

Can't wait til this tape comes out... listening again, so classy. i know most have already heard about this comp, but just had to post it again, total essential

i emailed them asking about ordering some - they said another 100 were in the works but I take it the preorders aren't even out yet?

Ahh - yes, i imagine the new batch isn't out yet considering the first batch hasn't even shipped.. i think the last time i heard, lux mentioned it was taking an extra while due to duplication issues and wanting to make sure the tapes were made in the best quality.. that was like maybe 3 weeks- a mo ago and hadn't heard any updates since. but hopefully the tapes come soon and they release a new batch for those that didn't get the first copy. definitely fiending to get my hands on this gem (:

Edited by Lane Visitor

Ahh - yes, i imagine the new batch isn't out yet considering the first batch hasn't even shipped.. i think the last time i heard, lux mentioned it was taking an extra while due to duplication issues and wanting to make sure the tapes were made in the best quality.. that was like maybe 3 weeks- a mo ago and hadn't heard any updates since. but hopefully the tapes come soon and they release a new batch for those that didn't get the first copy. definitely fiending to get my hands on this gem (:

Oh ok, I was hoping it was a technical issue.

I aske because I've heard about about some of these vaporwave "tape labels" either flaking out (not all mind you had really good tapes shipped by many labels), not returning emails after recieving money, or taking forever - AMDiscs for example took 2 months to fill an order - it's really infuriating to me tbh - these people should get more shit for it, they can spam like crazy and even put nice sites up but can't managed to record and ship a tape? Ridiculous. I want to hope they have day jobs but I can't help but assume dipshit stoners.

I aske because I've heard about about some of these vaporwave "tape labels" either flaking out (not all mind you had really good tapes shipped by many labels), not returning emails after recieving money, or taking forever - AMDiscs for example took 2 months to fill an order - it's really infuriating to me tbh - these people should get more shit for it, they can spam like crazy and even put nice sites up but can't managed to record and ship a tape? Ridiculous. I want to hope they have day jobs but I can't help but assume dipshit stoners.

For sure dude, agreed! Sorry to hear about your dealings with AM Discs.. I've been hearing similar sentiments and complains about their ethics. That's super weird to me considering they kind of launched Com Truise's career and put out some high profile releases. I guess things aren't always as they seem under the hood even with "reputable" seeming labels.

Then again, it took me almost 8 months to get a tape from another small vaporwave label, but they were super small like only 1 or two artists on their label kind of small lol.

Edited by Lane Visitor

For sure dude, agreed! Sorry to hear about your dealings with AM Discs.. I've been hearing similar sentiments and complains about their ethics. That's super weird to me considering they kind of launched Com Truise's career and put out some high profile releases. I guess things aren't always as they seem under the hood even with "reputable" seeming labels.

Then again, it took me almost 8 months to get a tape from another small vaporwave label, but they were super small like only 1 or two artists on their label kind of small lol.

yeah it wasn't me but as a fan of many dudes on that label i was shocked - man i kind of went off earlier, talk about a FWP

I know the girl who's dubbing the Music of the Now Age tapes, I think she's had a shitload of life issues in the last few months which has put it all back a bit. I think they're also being dubbed realtime so it's a long process. I think they should be done now though?

AMDiscs are fucking awful, my Nmesh order was labelled as 'cancelled' about a fortnight after I made it, so I sent an email asking what was going on and I got a rude, sarky reply saying the tapes were sent that day. I know another guy who was due a digital release on there and it kept getting put back and back for months so he gave up in the end.

I know the girl who's dubbing the Music of the Now Age tapes, I think she's had a shitload of life issues in the last few months which has put it all back a bit. I think they're also being dubbed realtime so it's a long process. I think they should be done now though?

Oh realtime? Yeah that takes quite awhile. Hope it's nothing serious in terms of personal life stuff.

I dub 3 at a time currently (radioshack selector box + 3 decks) but it's still a little tedious. Had a setup at one point for 8 at a time but it tricky. Saved time overall but the setup was nutty.

So I've just read this thread start to finish (erm, don't ask), and I totally didn't know Lane Visitor was Donovan Hikaru. That's awesome! Really strange to see the project evolve over the course of the thread too!

mfw when i finally watched american psycho and noticed lane's avatar...

giphy.gif

(coincidentally, the same face as his avatar, go figure)

cool ambient vibes purlieu. do you have an album / ep we can check out?

Man, I knew it was from that movie but I didn't quite realize it was from that scene

Nice ^^

Here's a couple of mine actually, given that I don't think I've posted any in here yet...

https://soundcloud.com/internationaldebris/treesky-boundary-sector-three

https://soundcloud.com/internationaldebris/13-drifting-consciousness

some braindance / IDM classic sample sources I see

giphy.gif

Man, I knew it was from that movie but I didn't quite realize it was from that scene

lol, i know it sounds absurd, but i too didnt fully remember/realize that pose was from that scene when choosing this avatar hahaha.. man now i feel like kind of a douche lol

giphy.gif

I have a lot of albums... I've only been making 'proper' vaporwave this year though, so no releases yet, although my last album Ambifauna treads a lot of similar ground - mostly build from new age samples (just in more of a FSOL way)... my Bandcamp is here: https://internationaldebris.bandcamp.com/

Nice ^^

Here's a couple of mine actually, given that I don't think I've posted any in here yet...

https://soundcloud.com/internationaldebris/treesky-boundary-sector-three

https://soundcloud.com/internationaldebris/13-drifting-consciousness

some braindance / IDM classic sample sources I see

Hah yes, the second is from an album I'm putting out on Swamp Circle soon entitled A Brief History of Ambient Volume 5 - all taken from early '90s IDM and ambient stuff. Edited by purlieu

Actually, having read back through the thread, whatever happened to the cassette compilation people were putting together a couple of years back?

You can (and anyone else on here) can PM me about that - needless to say it became ironically and embarrassingly a vaporware vaporwave project.

It's shelved atm tbh. I am hoping to work on it over xmas break, same music but different artwork than I had in mind originally.