IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

yeah, it's not new but it's awesome.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=2722667365 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=629389174]

And lastly, maybe my favourite piece of music these last two years or so.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1228636782 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=1754941137]

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=4240976476 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=154034633]

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1235983026 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=2735936383]

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=2674391225 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=565613141]

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1840342686 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=2957009375]

(I don't know about the visuals on this but clearly there is some subtext going on).

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=2819523124 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=3629807920]

• 4 weeks later...

Came across this promo vid for New Songdo in South Korea (it's one of those utopian, largely bullshit 'smart city' initatives) and the mockup from 1.00 onwards captures a very vaporwave-but-in-the-2000s vibe, mute the official soundtrack (Sigur Ros? dunno) and play the vaporwave jam of your choice for maximum C R U I S I N G:

Bonus points for the fake shop names at 4.00: Everrast, Euters, Baskin Bobbins

So I just did my first interview as Donovan Hikaru... For a local business journal... Who thought I was an actual global business Enterprise... Lol

It's quite over the top and I even managed to use the term "vaporware" in an absurdist tech reference. Meta to the nth.

Fun inspiring read. 10/10

- DH

<3

http://voyagephoenix.com/interview/meet-donovan-hikaru-donovan-hikaru-enterprises-scottsdale-silicon-valley/

dude that was fucking beautiful 

Donovan Hikaru Enterprises is a purveyor of custom B2B / B2C solutions. Hikaru creates a variety of corporate assets and strategies for companies and brands that want to take part in helping define what it means to be human. And discover how to tell that human story to one another.

Today’s cluttered digital economy demands the transmission of pure content through open channels in order to reach one another. To put it simply, Hikaru enables minds to connect and share in the clearest and most impactful way possible.

flol

Hahaha thanks guys, i didn't know what to think when they approached me, but this turned out zany and totally makes me want to take this to the max and do this vaporwave performance art / surrealist trolling, or whatever one would call it on an even bigger level, but I just don't know what that would entail.

PS thought the funniest & absurd part of the publishing here was that they listed me and my stock photo w summary & interview link on their page "Scottsdale's Rising Stars" as 25th down from the top among the list of a bunch of real life scottsdale upper middle class white suburban entrepreneurs and startups lol. The juxtaposition is complete madness!

http://voyagephoenix.com/interview/scottsdales-rising-stars/

good job lane !

Thanks my friend!

PS I too have been loving the gifs you find. Really animated and fun but still vapory. I'd love to see more releases with this kind of vibe.

Edited by Lane Visitor