IGNORED

We just lost Dave Brubeck

eh Speedy

at the age of 91, there is no doubt he died a harppy man. RIP

i've never been the obsessed jazz adherent ; i have favourites and i listen here or there, but of the artists i have the most enthusiasm for, dave brubeck is likely one near the tip of my list

[youtubehd]e1S_vA0ougg[/youtubehd]

Sad day, but also a pleasant one remembering his music and long successful life. Didn't expect I would be this affected but I'm very sad, got the call from my mother this morning in class.

As a great-grandfather he was great: warm, loving, always generous. I stayed with them two years ago for a while (Dave was 90) and he was walking, talking, playing as if he was 30 years younger. Really incredible to see!

No one knows exactly what the next step is. My hope is to be with the family soon, but school and the family's mad schedules need to be dealt with.

R.I.P. Dave, you mean a lot to me!

As a great-grandfather he was great: warm, loving, always generous.

wait

you're Dave Brubeck's great grandson?

also oddly enough i was just listening to his stuff yesterday, & DB isn't one of those musicians I listen to all the time

Obviously a great musician, but it seems like he was also every bit a decent human being. What a guy!

Condolences to his family, including the good Dr.

A sad day indeed. He was a profound influence on me in the early years. An extraordinary pianist and composer.

I had the chance to work for him back in 2008 but took another gig instead. I'm currently kicking myself.

RIP

As a great-grandfather he was great: warm, loving, always generous.

wait

you're Dave Brubeck's great grandson?

also oddly enough i was just listening to his stuff yesterday, & DB isn't one of those musicians I listen to all the time

yeah, been a crazy day seeing everything pour in on facebook and twitter! Nice to see :)

Sorry to hear that Doc. I hope you got to spend a lot of quality time w/ him. I've been hearing about a lot of people dying recently including my uncle Richard Graham who married in to my family later in life. I do regret not showing the man a bit more of my attention as he was one of the good guys.

I immediately remembered this quote:

dr lopez, on 24 Sept 2012 - 01:22, said:snapback.png

I guess I've never mentioned this but I played P.:Ntil for Dave Brubeck and after about 30 seconds in all his age cried, "What the hell is this, farts on a backbeat?" :lol:

RIP, cool guy

Sorry to hear that Doc. I hope you got to spend a lot of quality time w/ him. I've been hearing about a lot of people dying recently including my uncle Richard Graham who married in to my family later in life. I do regret not showing the man a bit more of my attention as he was one of the good guys.

I did and he was always very interested and supportive of my musical endeavors, less so when I put down the trombone in favor of... well:

I immediately remembered this quote:

I guess I've never mentioned this but I played P.:Ntil for Dave Brubeck and after about 30 seconds in all his age cried, "What the hell is this, farts on a backbeat?" :lol:

like a boss

Mr. Brubeck seems to have articulated the one thing I don't like about Draft, which is that it strays dangerously close to sounding like farts in way too many places

edit: pretty good farts, though

Archived