IGNORED

dj shadow booted off stage

data

i usually plan my mixes out in advance and then recreate them on the night with turntables. best way to play the best possible mix you can is finding out which mixes are going to transcend the simple melting of two tunes and become a third, new tune, by going together so well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bunch of assholes. If you go to a concert, don't boo. If you don't like the band, hit up the bar or go do something else, but booing off shadow is sad and shows just how little people even care about a person performing.

Oh this was in Miami... makes sense. Festering hole on the tip of Americas wang if you ask me

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="asymmetrical head" data-cid="1920489" data-time="1355951314"><p>

Booted... as in kicked off stage by the promoter... not booed.</p></blockquote>

Touche.

My stolen simpsons joke still stands...

Here's a thing, if he's gonna upload the set he made for that set, then what exactly was he going to do during that set if it had already been made - just shuffle arround a bit with headphones a la Peter Hook:

Maybe he knew all the tracks he was going to play, but hadn't mixed them yet and he still knows the tracklist and plans on finishing his mix and uploading it for those who give a shit.

Yeah. I read somewhere that that dude was pissed that DJ Shadow got booted and was yelling at the promoter.

Yes that's correct, the uploader himself said the boos were directed at the venue, staff and the replacement DJ. The fans payed $30 to see DJ Shadow after all, I'd be pissed too. I bet shortly after they were like "DA MUZIK IS STILL HERE, AS ARE DRINK SPECIALS! WOOO BEAT UP DA BEAT!"

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.factmag.com/2012/12/21/miamis-mansion-nightclub-apologizes-for-cutting-dj-shadows-set-short/

We offer our most sincere apologies to DJ Shadow and his fans for his set being cut short at Mansion this past weekend. This error should not have happened and will not happen again, especially as we pride ourselves on creating an environment that cultivates and respects innovators such as DJ Shadow. We have learned a lot from this error and made changes within our organization to ensure that Mansion’s vision, and the vision of our guests, will never be compromised again.

Dude got booted.

it's sad to say this but i'm not surprised a club that has bottle service (in miami or anywhere else) would put a stop to a set like this. The only surprising thing is that they booked DJ Shadow and expected him to do background music for a bunch of rich alcoholic ass-shits. It's been a while since i've been to any club in SF that has over a $15 cover to hear a dj set this adventurous and genre shifting, and that's san francisco... not miami. Say whatever you want about Miami, but this is the new club scene folks where electronic music djs are relegated to being background music for a post college age alcoholic/coke pickup scene, the more simple and un-challenging you keep the beats the more likely the ladies will stay in the club and the booze will keep selling. So as before it used to be sex drugs and rock and roll,now it's just mostly sex and drugs (well boring drugs, and probably not great sex either).

edit: much respect to DJ Shadow for not compromising what he wanted to do for the bland environment he was confined in. When i went to see Flying Lotus and 2562 out here their sets were far more pandering to the crowd than this DJ shadow set.

I'm very out of the loop with my local scene's DJ and general electronic scene in Austin, though like you said, I can't think of any club with decent DJs and genre selections that's either expensive or large capacity. One of the better clubs even has a "don't bro me" night for awhile that specifically guaranteed future bass, garage, etc and never had a cover.

Archived