IGNORED

Korg Volca series

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and about the keys tuning.

"If you feel the pitch has drifted, please stop the sound for about 10 seconds. volca's auto- tuning function will correct itself automatically."

from the manual.

yup yup, aware of this - but i'm guessing this only applies to after you've been twiddling the knobs - the de-tuning that i'm experiencing can just happen suddenly, even if the knobs and settings haven't been touched in ages

"If you feel the pitch has drifted, please stop the sound for about 10 seconds. volca's auto- tuning function will correct itself automatically."

from the manual.

yup yup, aware of this - but i'm guessing this only applies to after you've been twiddling the knobs - the de-tuning that i'm experiencing can just happen suddenly, even if the knobs and settings haven't been touched in ages

Isn't analogue gear known to change pitch over time when it gets hotter? This could be a typical old school problem your experiencing.

from the manual.

Isn't analogue gear known to change pitch over time when it gets hotter? This could be a typical old school problem your experiencing.

With some older analog yes but alot of the newer stuff is digitally tuned.

from the manual.

Ah, I see!

from the manual.

Ah, I see!

good news everyone!

Think we figured out the problem. Might be speaking too soon, but it seems the culprit is my Xstation, which i had been using as a MIDI 'hub' for the keys - once i bypassed the xstation and just sent the MIDI directly to the Keys it seemed to stay in perfect tuning.

My only explanation is that my xstation was sending the Keys wonky pitch bend information (as the pitchbend/mod wheel is a little fucked these days) - i had previously disabled the pitchbend to try cancel out this as a possible reason for the Keys detuning but even still it may have still been sneakily sending the info unbeknownst to me

hurrah

spoke too soon!

Defo a problem with my Keys - it CAN work, but if i change to a different song in ableton (i.e. change the midi notes it's expecting to play) it goes out of tune - buuuut i guessss that could be something along the lines of the auto-correct thing, but i doubt it - it has seemed to improve since giving it a direct MIDI signal though

oh well, I shall just use the ole' warranty

Amazingly, I'm still waiting for my Volcas to ship from thomann.de! I've sold more than 3 bitcoins to pay for them in advance. By today's rate, they cost me over $2500!!!

They can't keep up with demand. I went to my local Long & McQuade, asked when they expected to get any Volcas in and the guy said probably in a year from now after all the pre-orders have been shipped. It's insane.

a jam of purely bass/beats fairly dry/a light phase or flange through the bass I think with this one.... https://soundcloud.com/m-reef/trpn

nice job, sounds really nice

agreed, this track is immense! nice one macca

Bass is beast!

[sc5]120215274[/sc5]

this is great, this is my favourite of the 3, think ill pick a bass up if anyone anywhere ever gets them back in stock

Hooray! Playing this at work with headphones. It's a lot dirtier than I expected, which is pretty good actually. I'm not a fan of the keyboard, but that's only a small problem since I plan to control it via MIDI anyway. Gonna hook it up to Numerology tonight!

very quick test

https://soundcloud.com/pselodux/volcajam2

Just after I recorded this I switched it into poly ring mode and it got autechre as FUCK. didn't record though, gah!

I kinda love how the delay is super gritty. I wish it had a dotted eighth/quarter note setting in tempo sync mode though.

Archived