IGNORED

Korg Volca series

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care much for the drums, since I have a whole bunch of drum machines already. All digital/samplers, but I'm too not crazy about analog drums anyway. Plus a friend of mine has a 606 so we're gonna team up for some sweet acid/minimal techno.

oh sorry, i only read page 1 before realizing there were 9 pages. still, is there a digital processor inside this thing?

I don't think so, but I haven't gone through all these manuals yet:

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA_volca_keys_OM_EFGSC1.pdf

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA_volca_bass_OM_EFGSC2.pdf

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA_volca_beats_OM_EFGSC.pdf

Digital processor yes, but not for audio. Except echo on Keys. And PCM voices on beats. But sequencing and part of controls is of course digital on all 3 machines, just like on every other analog synth with patch storage.

it's just a matter of economy.

why is stuff digital?

of course one could stack some crazy fancypants analog sequencer from individual analog sequencers.

but it would be a big convoluted structure made from a lot of components, parts can fail etc.. whereas the digital version would run on a mass produced chip from Shenzhen and would easily fit in your palm, and could be updated via internet, and do a ton more stuff than the big analog thing could.

it just makes more sense.

there's that guy i know who has a monotribe and was totally convinced that it's entirely analog. ANALOG, you know?

he even thought the software was somehow analog because it's updated via audio signal, but that's where his reasoning started to fall apart, you should have seen his sad eyes when he finally realized this.

there's that guy i know who has a monotribe and was totally convinced that it's entirely analog. ANALOG, you know?

he even thought the software was somehow analog because it's updated via audio signal, but that's where his reasoning started to fall apart, you should have seen his sad eyes when he finally realized this.

Why does he care? It doesn't affect the sound one bit.

interesting.

are there any sequencers in the world that have no digital processor and can sequence rhythms as well as produce polyphonic phrases for making chords, not just monophonic melodies?

There are, but they are generally much more limited in function. Also, I don't think I can come up with a single benefit an analog sequencer would bring over a digital one. And I'm a real analog maniac.

Bit the bullet and ordered all 3.

good on ya buddy. keep us updated

interesting.

are there any sequencers in the world that have no digital processor and can sequence rhythms as well as produce polyphonic phrases for making chords, not just monophonic melodies?

There are, but they are generally much more limited in function. Also, I don't think I can come up with a single benefit an analog sequencer would bring over a digital one. And I'm a real analog maniac.

do you think you could post some links to some? i cant seem to find any

probably gonna get the keys and drums, if they offer a decent bundle would probs get all 3, love the monotribe so i think these will be amazeeng

Archived