IGNORED

Korg Volca series

any demos that don't have all three playing at the same time? I wanna hear how they sound, not how they sound together. goddammit.

Beats:

Keys:

Looks like there's no Bass direct recording...

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally worth buying all three. Surprisingly the only one I have yet to do an 'OH YEAH' to is the bass. Most the demos I've heard of it do not showcase any bass, more the higher octave and osc detuning.

Those keys sound amazing

the end of the video with the short EG poly-fuckery makes me wet.

I guess I pre-ordered beats & bass last night when I was kind of drunk and definitely high....

Can't say I regret it though. this shit is exactly what I need for my hardware setup.

edit: I totally had an 'OH YEAH' reaction to the Bass. I'm never going to use it to make acid, but heavy detuned bass sounds + slide function sounds like a dream

Keys and Beats sound good, but every damn Bass example I've heard has been terrible.

yeah, but it's obviously because people have no idea what knob does what and just tweak them randomly.

Guest The Bro

I've just been into the Digital Village website and they're retailing each for £119.99. Fuck me that's cheap!!

any demos that don't have all three playing at the same time? I wanna hear how they sound, not how they sound together. goddammit.

Beats:

Keys:

Looks like there's no Bass direct recording...

Nice! Thanks :)

SD sounds a bit weak in that vid though, nice machine for the price I guess

Keys looks a bit limited, they should've left out the delay (we've got monotron delay for that :P) and added some more synth features imho. But overall these look like awesome little boxes, way more serious/usable than the monotrons/monotribe.

Here's a bass direct recording, in case you hadn't found it yet:

Not too impressive, just about any other cheap analogue on the market could pull this off. The two oscillators sound nice together though.

Guest yikes

"Not too impressive, just about any other cheap analogue on the market could pull this off. The two oscillators sound nice together though."

for 150.00 w/ midi in?

do tell...which ones and where have they been hiding?

Guest Hanratty

one nice thing about the bass is that the knobs are decent size. The keys and drum knobs just look like they'd be frustrating to use if you have normal adult size hands. This is just based on watching videos, never played one yet.

"Not too impressive, just about any other cheap analogue on the market could pull this off. The two oscillators sound nice together though."

for 150.00 w/ midi in?

do tell...which ones and where have they been hiding?

lol at "not too impressive"

Yeah, the price of 150 is what really makes these interesting. But I'd rather spend a little bit more money on a Dark Energy or some MFB box than on an upgraded monotron. C'mon guys, it's 3 osc's and a filter in a fancy box. Still nice if you just want some simple (and cheap!) analogue bass, I suppose.

Limitedness and usability go hand in hand (which is why, I think, people seem to love limitedness so much), but that doesn't mean a slightly less limited product can't be usable.

Yeah, the price of 150 is what really makes these interesting. But I'd rather spend a little bit more money on a Dark Energy or some MFB box than on an upgraded monotron. C'mon guys, it's 3 osc's and a filter in a fancy box. Still nice if you just want some simple (and cheap!) analogue bass, I suppose.

i tend to agree. i'm talking about the bass specifically which doesn't sound very bassy as of yet

not sure why people don't show of the fucking sine wav, ever, in youtube demos

i tend to agree. i'm talking about the bass specifically which doesn't sound very bassy as of yet

not sure why people don't show of the fucking sine wav, ever, in youtube demos

Cause there isn't a sine waveshape on the volca bass.

Archived