IGNORED

Korg Volca series

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol the DSI Mopho sounds cheap and cheesy as fuck, fucking worst synth engine ever. Fuck that shit. The reason Korg haven't developed the Oasys engine further is that only 3 people ever wanted the bloody thing. Great, so I can make sign extremely accurate synthetic representation of a singing bowl... So fucking what. Not exactly useful is it...

it is pretty useful if you have an imagination and vision. if you are lacking in that area good luck to you

Haha burn. I will say I had trouble playing in a store with a mopho, getting sounds that I fell in love with. It's a perfectly capable synth, just that there are some synths where I trip over sounds I love. I am somewhat lazy and of course am more interested in the latter category. However if I had a bunch of time, I would love to surround myself with some "difficult" synths and force out something cool. I'd probably be a better technician for it.

Haha, potentially super dangerous too. Looks like those things could do some serious damage in the wrong hands. I could definitely imagine a performance like that fitting pretty well in a noise lineup with acts like Justice Yeldham though.

the precision of that flight makes me think it's not a model you can buy off the shelf, more like built from top of the line parts or something... dunno really.. but these things come in a range of sizes and pricetags... looks like most of the IDM here is plain operator skill though...

we've built and set up a quadcopter in a small team at the art school and it took like a week of calibration and lots of crashes to get the thing to steadily hover using auto-hover mode. props to this guy's mad thumb skills.

hm.. it should be possibly to attach one or several rotors like these to some sort of swivelling fixture or a robot arm inside a room, maybe combined with large robotic panels to dynamically shape acoustic reflections.... i know i would dig that as an art installation... stockhausen would likely approve?

Haha, potentially super dangerous too. Looks like those things could do some serious damage in the wrong hands. I could definitely imagine a performance like that fitting pretty well in a noise lineup with acts like Justice Yeldham though.

the danger is the part that made me think it would be perfect for a noise show

Archived