IGNORED

Korg Volca series

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keys looks a bit limited, they should've left out the delay (we've got monotron delay for that :P) and added some more synth features imho. But overall these look like awesome little boxes, way more serious/usable than the monotrons/monotribe.

Here's a bass direct recording, in case you hadn't found it yet:

Not too impressive, just about any other cheap analogue on the market could pull this off. The two oscillators sound nice together though.

i think it sounds fucking wicked

Here's a question, one thing I like about my Juno 6 is that I can plug one of the outs off my MachineDrum into it's Arp Clock In and the arpeggiator will only step forward when it gets a pulse from the MD. So you can then setup cool wee rhythms on the Juno's arp especially when doing things like assigning two channels of the MD to the same output and then muting and unmuting them on the fly for even more variation.

So the question (eventually) is could you do the same thing with the sync in's of the Volca's along with the MD?

How can korg make a poly, 3vco bass and drumkit with built-in sequencers for 150 or so each... and the rest of synth manufacturers cant make a decent 2vco or poly anything for less than 400-500$?

cONFUSED

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SampleScience

How can korg make a poly, 3vco bass and drumkit with built-in sequencers for 150 or so each... and the rest of synth manufacturers cant make a decent 2vco or poly anything for less than 400-500$?

cONFUSED

This is a really good question. Maybe Korg go for the cheapest of the cheap electronic boards and pieces manufacturers? (It's probably written "Made In China" behind those mini Volca!).

My gut feeling is that even though they are banking on a lower margin, they aren't that expensive to produce. I'm thinking they're going for volume, and probably pissing a lot of other manufacturers off by shaking up the price point.

My gut feeling is that even though they are banking on a lower margin, they aren't that expensive to produce. I'm thinking they're going for volume, and probably pissing a lot of other manufacturers off by shaking up the price point.

yup

...especially when doing things like assigning two channels of the MD to the same output and then muting and unmuting them on the fly for even more variation.

holy macaroni!

been doing the same with a monotribe, but never had the idea of using multiple channels & muting to shake up the rhythm.

thank you

Guest The Bro

I think when they come up out I'm gonna make a trip down to Digital Village and play with them and see which one to get. Drums don't interest me though I have to say.

• 1 month later...
Guest cruta

wiiiiith each one?????????? please don't ban me i love this website data language systems is my imagination. please forgive me joyrex. i lost my dad this year and our habitat house. my mother is in pain and i'm schizophrenic. please just be a NICE GUY. i'm learning slowly and it's realllllly hard. np aphex twin lichen

Guest cruta

Hello,

We just heard back from Korg Inc. in Japan and yes, the Volca series products come sync cables.

happy happy joy joy :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived