IGNORED

Music Library

zlemflolia

How is yours set up?

Mine's in Foobar as

*\LIBRARY\Artist\Album (Year)\TrackNum Title.ext

Organized using Mp3tag (a mandatory program for anyone who doesn't have it yet - real easy to batch edit ID3 tags)

How is yours set up?

Mine's in Foobar as

Organized using Mp3tag (a mandatory program for anyone who doesn't have it yet - real easy to batch edit ID3 tags)

Don't you have too many Artist folders in that case? I wouldn't want on my side a folder with 300+ artists subfolders.. so it's more like :

\LIBRARY\Genre\Artist\Year - Album\Track# - Title.ext

Meta I've added albumartist since it's mostly classical (Folder artist is the original composer, albumartist would be either the orchestra or the conductor or principal musician). My Bob Dylan 500+ bootleg collection has comments for the type of bootleg (audience, soundboard, studio, live compilation, etc..).

My music is first in folders a-d, e-h etc. mostly from my soulseek days. Then if I have more than one album from the same artist it gets it's own folder and the albums are formatted Artist - [year] - Album/xx - Artist - Title.ext. Multidisc albums are formatted xxx - Artist - Title.ext with the first x in the tracknumber being the disc number. In the tags I have the track format as xx/xx.

I've got my foobar library spread over 3 parent folders: Albums-FLAC, Albums, and Mixes - the last folder is a catch-all for live sets, radio shows, podcast mixes for ra/fact, etc.

Albums get sorted by tags by the following scheme:

ARTIST / (YEAR) ALBUM / ##. TITLE

Usually after I've ripped or d/l'd an album I'll clean up the tags in foobar and then use the file operations tool to move/rename files by the above (Mp3tag is just as good for this).

Hooray for ocd!

How is yours set up?

Mine's in Foobar as

mine is organized into itunes on my mac and according to artist and album title on windows. i use an old scene program for tagging (i really dislike mp3tag)

Mine was OK to start with but has become a little unwieldy due to volume -

For purchases - E:\Music\My CDs\[Artist] - [Name of Album or Single]\[Track no] [Track name] (even though it's now a mixture of my CDs, ripped vinyl and digital downloads

For the occasional downloaded track there's a mass of mp3s in E:\Music\Various\ (in there everything is [Artist] - [Track name] )

For mixes and livesets there's a mass of mp3s in E:\Music\Live & Mix Sets\ (in there it's [Artist] - [Name of mix or set] ([date])

So I can easily find anything (escpecially as it's all properly mp3 tagged), it's just there's about a 1000 sub-folders in the purchases folder

Guest Wall Bird

One big iTunes library. About 450 gigs worth of music meticulously named and organized by artist. Compilations are put in a 'compilations' folder. I've got a few gigs that have lost their metadata somehow, but other than that it's all nice and tidy.

The worst to file is classical music because it usually gets sorted by conductor, ensemble or orchestra, not the composer. So if I'm in the mood for, say Ravel. I have to search as such. Problem is the latest version of iTunes now features a lagtastic, bloated piece of shit search engine that literally grinds to a freeze for about 12 seconds every time I get four letters into typing a query. Fuck that.

a total mess on 2 or 3 laptops + 1000 cd's disorganized and some tapes

you and me both Ivan

also I can count the vinyl I own on one hand, I need to change this

Untitled.png

About 50 gigs of music sorted since 2010
Sorted Music: C:\Music\Music Library\Artist\Album\Track title
Unsorted: C:\Music\Unsorted Music\!?!??!?!WKURQOUeo823
Audio Books: C:\Users\Lewis\Music\Audio Books

I have everything lumped into shitty old Winamp, sorted or not.
Free Commander is the shit for sorting Music
Untitled.png

yep, this sounds about right, a lot on an external, a bunch on the old laptop, some on the new laptop... I want to find a program that if I get it all on my ipod, will let me extract it all back organized into a new compiled library... I used to know of one but cant remember the name of it for the life of me

yep, this sounds about right, a lot on an external, a bunch on the old laptop, some on the new laptop... I want to find a program that if I get it all on my ipod, will let me extract it all back organized into a new compiled library... I used to know of one but cant remember the name of it for the life of me

Fuck, I used one that was pretty handy myself years ago. Maybe it was Yamipod? When my wife and I only had a laptop with ubuntu I used a program called RhythmBox that let you add and delete songs on an iPod easily, but they stopped updating and it lost that feature.

Quick math... 97% of my music is perfectly organized in iTunes. The last 3% haven't been organized either because I've been a tiny bit lazy or because I have no idea who originally made the tune. But I am completely OCD when comes to album covers. I need album covers for EVERYTHING!

Quick math... 97% of my music is perfectly organized in iTunes. The last 3% haven't been organized either because I've been a tiny bit lazy or because I have no idea who originally made the tune. But I am completely OCD when comes to album covers. I need album covers for EVERYTHING!

Yeah, Soundcloud tracks with no art make me mad

Just one big folder containing all releases in a folder for each release. The ones I ripped myself are Artist - Album (Year) [V0/FLAC]/Trackno - Title.ext. But most of them are different and will stay different so I don't need a separate seeding copy. As long as the essentials are tagged, I couldn't care less.

Sets and mixes are kept separately and very unorganized.

Archived