IGNORED

Do you guys also get aroused by sound?

producer snafu

28 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

i know my qualia

Are you really sure you're not confusing ASMR with frisson? Fast paced music typically induces frisson not ASMR, and confusing ASMR with frisson is a mistake that is often made (it has happened many times in this thread too)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ghsotword said:

Are you really sure you're not confusing ASMR with frisson? Fast paced music typically induces frisson not ASMR, and confusing ASMR with frisson is a mistake that is often made (it has happened many times in this thread too)

hm maybe youre right that sounds accurate

i find that the older i get the more unusual sounds have to be to capture my attention.  i basically don't listen to music any more, just noises. lately i've been into the sound of percussive sounds recorded over a poorly grounded patch cable, but then with all of the percussive sounds sloppily clipped out, so the recording is now just long patches of static with the occasional microsecond volume clip signifying the edge of something that was once there but remains no longer

Spoiler

this is strictly for listening, mind you. making music can still be quite conventionally "musical" because composition feels like solving a math problem

Edited by Cryptowen
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 10:31 PM, Cryptowen said:

these sort of things feel like they'd probably be really satisfying to make

Nikocado Avocado is a guy who makes videos (and money) of himself eating his favourite type of noodles. that's all he does - he even lost his partner this way.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dragon said:

he even lost his partner this way

if u can't handle me at my most "filming myself eating noodles on youtube as a career pursuit"

then u don't deserve me at my most "look honey the noodle video made it to the front page of reddit"

• Like 1