IGNORED

New Boards of Canada Single "Reach for the Dead" On BBC Radio One @ 19:55 GMT

Joyrex

Please don't post any YouTube/SoundCloud links to the track, guys - it's free if you preorder Tomorrow's Harvest; don't take money away from Boards!

Its on boards of canada's warp's official soundcloud.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ZombieLincoln666

should i listen to it? got my mp3 downloaded

burn it 2 tape. that way it is analog m8/

Please don't post any YouTube/SoundCloud links to the track, guys - it's free if you preorder Tomorrow's Harvest; don't take money away from Boards!

Its on boards of canada's warp's official soundcloud.

Yeah, a bit late to the party on that - my WARP memo got lost in the mail, apparently...

It was really good. Just the lack of a melody kinda made it from being awesome for me. Where's my boc melodies? I hope the album's got some...

It should. They aren't going to reveal their best most melodic track first. This is just the flavor of the album I suspect. Damn good.

fucking wow this is so great, but bigger WOW at the compression on that YT video...!

Yeah, the official mp3 sounds SO MUCH better

It was really good. Just the lack of a melody kinda made it from being awesome for me. Where's my boc melodies? I hope the album's got some...

It should. They aren't going to reveal their best most melodic track first. This is just the flavor of the album I suspect. Damn good.

Yeah guess so. If it's stuff like this one with their melodies on top... oh man... My excitement for this album's getting bigger and bigger.

Guest igloos unlmtd

the video really tweaked my eyes at the end when the sun multiplied.

the mirrored cloud sequence was pretty sweet & I love the desert mountain scenes in the beginning - reminds me a lot of west texas but was probably shot somewhere further west like AZ or CA.

very post nuclear holocaust vibe with the abandoned houses.

I was just outside early this morning taking pics/videos of my apple/pear trees blooming, and a few other trees in the yard. I got some close-up videos of the flowers blowing in the wind. I come inside and see this video and had to do a double take at the scene with the close-up roses floating in the wind. It was almost identical to some of my footage.

Regardless, the last part of the video with the mirrored sky in the water fading into the sun was almost like meditation for me.

Guest ZombieLincoln666

Anyone hear a vocal sample at 3:25?

Yeah, about then -- I make it 3:23

yeah, it is at 3:25 in the video.

I guess it says "listen"

Anyone hear a vocal sample at 3:25?

Yeah, about then -- I make it 3:23

yeah, it is at 3:25 in the video.

I guess it says "listen"

yeah, i think the voice is saying listen. also this song+video is FREAKING AMAZING OMFG xX10/10Xx NO SCOPE FTW 9000/1

tl;dr. up there with the best of BoC :boc:

Making sure I don't listen too many times in advance, but god damn... when I gave it that first listen, I got school syndrome, big grin and giddy. It's finally fully sunk in that the album is coming, and if it's like this track or better it's gonna be fucking amazing! I've only listened twice so far, and I probably will a few more times, but definitely gonna limit it so I don't wear it out before hearing t in context (in which case I'll probably proceed to play it at least 20 more times)

Archived