IGNORED

Pro Radii in Neil Blomkamp's 'Adicolor Yellow'

IOS

^^ :D I take it that that 'fock' was refering to Wikus's accent from District 9..

I guess I have great respect for Blomkamp, D9 was an epic film and I'm really looking forward to Elysium. So it's good to see him using some Architectre in his audiovisual creations.

But yeah, agreed - Pro Radii wasn't just the best part of it, it was the part of it.

• 1 month later...

only time i've noticed AE in film was the movie 'Pi' by Darren Aronofsky... pretty good film and soundtrack

Same. Arguably the best film Aronofsky has done to this day.

The biggest letdown i think was the movie called Artificial Intelligence on which Kubrick and young Cunningham worked, how they didn't use music from the genre of the same name is incomprehensible, focking Hollywood.

I don't understand why he didn't use any of ae tracks for Elysium. So many tracks are so fitting for the movie. Like Augmatic Disport, Fleure, irlite (get 0), prac-f, vekoS, Flep, 1 1 is, runrepik, spl9, cloudline, The Plc ccc, Perlence range 7, Perlence suns, 90101-51-19, Perlence subrange 3, 9010171-121, Perlence losid 2, Perlence subrange 6-36, Phylopn, IO (mons), Altichyre, The PlclCpC, paralel Suns, Fol3, rale, Theswere, Outh9X, Etchogon-S, Cep puiqMX, Treale, ilanders, VL AL 5, 61E.CR, Surripere, Parhelic Triangle, Pen Expers, and the list is endless. The point is ae are a treasure trove for some of the coolest possible movie soundtracks, but nobody uses them.

Well it's their loss really.

Guest pixelives

Pi is really an amazing film, both in mood, social significance, and also the music used. It was also made for basically nothing compared to usual budgets. I've heard it was made for 60k. The use of Kalpol Introl is absolutely perfect.

Seems like studios would rather use copy of a track that moderately sounds like something than use the original, negating the larger societal web of ideas.

Basically all of Ae's catalog is filmic in different ways and should be utilized more often.

Guess we can always hold out for this probably never to be made Neuromancer. It'll probably be horrible though.

Archived