IGNORED

Fox News host crashes live on air

awepittance

yeah i can't argue with the fact that Chenk does not make for a good comedian, when he does it it's about as funny as Randi Rhodes or any of the other sort of partisan hack Air America people of days past. I value him mostly when he's being serious, over the years he's provided needed commentary on a lot of issues involving criticisms of Obama which most people of his ilk tend to shy away from.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Japanese male. I'm gonna write a controversial book about being some old white dude, WWII veteran, American. Then I'm gonna get on FOX to be interviewed. Then I'm just gonna yell, "WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! XLTRONIC! BRAINDANCE! GEARSLUTZ! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM!!!"

FOX: You are a Japanese male, yet, you wrote a book about being a white American.

Me: Yes- but you have to listen to the opening track, 4, off of Richard D. James album by Aphex Twin, which is one of my favorites.

FOX: Excuse me?

Me: You're excused.

I'm a Japanese male. I'm gonna write a controversial book about being some old white dude, WWII veteran, American. Then I'm gonna get on FOX to be interviewed. Then I'm just gonna yell, "WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! XLTRONIC! BRAINDANCE! GEARSLUTZ! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM! WATMM!!!"

FOX: You are a Japanese male, yet, you wrote a book about being a white American.

Me: Yes- but you have to listen to the opening track, 4, off of Richard D. James album by Aphex Twin, which is one of my favorites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/watmm

So at the end of the day Aslan got what he wanted tenfold as it looks likes this is getting viral in no time. His book is going to sell like hot burgers.

I kinda fear Pamela Gellers next book/column though. ...ok not really. *popcorn eating michael jackson*

i can say dumb things too

can you?

Man, fuck Fox News to the nth degree. This guy defends himself well in an interview that just doesn't want to acknowledge his position as having any kind of validity.

Yep, it's like the people working at Fox News can't fathom a reason for a book being about religion other than to say "the thing that I am is fucking righteous."

To be fair: they're pretty consistent and they only assume others think like they do for themselves. ;P

black Christians, that's some hilarious shit...

DwsFRNH.jpg

My aunt took me to her church once, which was mostly black. Not a bad time, actually. They go there to really let loose, where people go to a Catholic Church to turn the coal up their asses into diamonds.

btw I watched that clip and it was a total waste of time. what "crash"? I was at least expecting the reporter to start blabbering or embarrassing herself but nothing happened. it was just typical shite. don't make me watch Fox for this, please.

I'm sorry that you were not pleased, next time i will make sure that it meets your desired level of lol-worthiness

You’re a woman, so why did you write a book about the sport?”

Actually I am an academic with a PHd in sports science...

“But it still begs the question, why would you be interested in sports?”

Lol

As some attempt to be the devil's advocate, you could interpret her question as a poorly framed attempt to try to ask for the personal motivations to get a phd into some field. Of itself this would be a perfectly valid question, if the context wasn't so horrible. I mean, if she would be able to frame it as actual and sincere personal interest instead of a poor attempt to invalidate ones opinion. But you know, personal interest into people with opposing views is not how FOX (t)rolls. ;D

On the positive side however, you could argue that some restoration of the faith in the intellectual integrity of scientists could grow out of this mess. Ok, this is probably extremely optimistic.

Lol

As some attempt to be the devil's advocate, you could interpret her question as a poorly framed attempt to try to ask for the personal motivations to get a phd into some field. Of itself this would be a perfectly valid question, if the context wasn't so horrible. I mean, if she would be able to frame it as actual and sincere personal interest instead of a poor attempt to invalidate ones opinion. But you know, personal interest into people with opposing views is not how FOX (t)rolls. ;D

On the positive side however, you could argue that some restoration of the faith in the intellectual integrity of scientists could grow out of this mess. Ok, this is probably extremely optimistic.

i heard an NPR interview with the Dr., and apparently he had switched back to Islam after being a Christian for a number of years. Why I cannot remember.

Lets presume he doesn't like pork very much.

Edit: the irony btw- have you ever heard of scholars having to tell their religious color in order to show some possible bias? You know, like in the field of medicines where scientists have to show whether or not they're involved with big pharma. I haven't.

Be handy if we knew who was privately funding scholars when they are interviewed, yes it would. And not just 'from the centre for' or 'the institute of', but who's the money behind it. But knowing someones religion, who gives a shit. Perhaps though you could write them all off for being religious in the first place, it doesn't matter which one, HAH!

Archived