IGNORED

2013 - The Best Year For Electornic Music In Recorded History?

Redruth

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the new BOC album is the greatest album ever created (just stating facts here), I would agree.

yes, i'm very pleesed with it, but there is so much more that has happened, is happening, is going to happen.

Guest cult fiction

Best year for braindance possibly ever, so many good releases. For electronic music as a whole, I'm not so sure.

get rid of the superlatives man.

also, shit is so relative that judging the value this way makes no sense.

also, posting in a troon thread

of course everything is subject to opinion, but i see no harm in celebrating opinions? it's just proven human behavior, the love of talking about such things, endlessly on the internet

Guest dylanmcknd

I was going to say something about 2001, but 2013 has really been made great by all this rephlex stuff.

I mean, I loved Exai and TH but it's all these rephlex things that's really pushing the year overboard, imo.

List something you twats. I am certainly living up to some good music, but most of it stems from the early days. I need to refrain the needs and get up in eres

When the new Aphex comes out we can make this designation I think.

List something you twats. I am certainly living up to some good music, but most of it stems from the early days. I need to refrain the needs and get up in eres

http://forum.watmm.com/forum/16-new-upcoming-releases/

We all want it to be good but get a fucking grip. It's largely been rehashes of old groups. Where the fuck is the new shit? I love ae but come on its been twenty fucking years we need new groups. Seriously.

Another Autechre? You're asking too much. Statistics are NOT on our side. We have them already but if we would need someone as genius as Ae (i do consider them as a couple of Gs or at least one of them is) people with that level of talent are soooo rare. Psychologists say there's 1 on 1-4 million people in a GENERAL population. It's not just about high IQ (in which btw the highest levels correlate negatively ingenuity) that's why they're so rare. Not anytime soon i'd say.

Guest RadarJammer

are you heavily caffeinated? this seems like a 2 or 3 coffee cup question to me

I don't know if people are being more creative in 2013 but with so much affordable high end software for producers there will be less brow furrowing and DAW trouble making than there ever was before

edit: just realized the Prodigy are doin an album this year too. this really is the year. if fatboy slim announces a late 2013 album i think it will be the best year for ever

edit2: fatboy slim is doin an album this year, this is the best year for electronic music.

We all want it to be good but get a fucking grip. It's largely been rehashes of old groups. Where the fuck is the new shit? I love ae but come on its been twenty fucking years we need new groups. Seriously.

Another Autechre? You're asking too much. Statistics are NOT on our side. We have them already but if we would need someone as genius as Ae (i do consider them as a couple of Gs or at least one of them is) people with that level of talent are soooo rare. Psychologists say there's 1 on 1-4 million people in a GENERAL population. It's not just about high IQ (in which btw the highest levels correlate negatively ingenuity) that's why they're so rare. Not anytime soon i'd say.

intriguing

I've discovered quite a bit of good new artists this year...

This has been a great fucking year. best ever? IDK if I'd go that far, but it's definitely up there.

Besides a few releases here and there nothing has impressed me and nothing released in 2013 rivals the classics from early Warp, mid-90's aphex, early Kompakt, basic channel, Drexciya, the lists goes on and on.

Give me any year off the 90's before 2013.

And by the way you are only feeling good about 2013 because you are experiencing the excitement (hype) before release, it doesnt mean the music is good.

2001 for drukqs alone :)

But this year has been very good indeed. Mind you last year wasn't bad either... things are looking up.

Hopefully get some more Bola & Edanticonf before the year ends.. New Jeff Mills coming out this month too 8-)

Archived