IGNORED

2013 - The Best Year For Electornic Music In Recorded History?

Redruth

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

best trap i ever trapped

That's a fat, nasty ass. Do some people actually want to fuck that?

Standards people. Standards.

what the fuck, stevo. that is a beautiful ass.

I disagree my friend. Looks like too many taquitos for her. She should learn how to go jogging...? =/

I've never understood the infatuation with large amounts of stored body fat around womens asses and titties. I like firm women that understand exercise... =(

Gonna nitpick here, you know, because, women naturally store fat around their buttocks and breasts. That's fucking scientific fact. Some don't, and that's fine too. It varies a lot. Likewise, so do sexual preferences. Humans are wonderful like that.

And regardless of gender body types are so varied and different that one can't make such simplistic assumptions. There are people with strict and healthy diets and regimented work-out schedules that will never lose features that are lazily associated with obesity - large hips and legs, broad shoulders and thick arms, etc. Likewise there are extremely unhealthy people who absolutely do minimal physical activity that will be slender, thin and even "fit and firm" in appearance simply because of genes and metabolism.

No qualms with your personal preferences, to each there own completely, but you're reasoning is absolutely ridiculous. You prefer slim women. Others like myself don't. That doesn't mean I endorse unhealthy lifestyles.

And no offense, still love you too of course :emotawesomepm9:

Guest murphythecat8

That's a fat, nasty ass. Do some people actually want to fuck that?

Standards people. Standards.

what the fuck, stevo. that is a beautiful ass.

I disagree my friend. Looks like too many taquitos for her. She should learn how to go jogging...? =/

I've never understood the infatuation with large amounts of stored body fat around womens asses and titties. I like firm women that understand exercise... =(

they say that guys with big dick likes fat ass and men with small dicks like tight asses.

I dont see any other probable cause why you dont like a ass like that.

2013 ??? a few good releases but nothing groundbreaking, nor revolutionary.

(Exai is 110% awesome that said).

Exai's 110% awesomeness is 90% of the reason for this thread.

yeah I think this thread is overrated... I mean, is only the best year because BoC made something, not because it was wow. Unless there is an Aphex Twin release, this is just another year.

The reason why 2013 is a good year for electronic music is that there is so much fresh blood in it. It is once again becoming the mode of expression for a new generation, and it is fast working it's way back in as the general 'ambiance' for western culture. What this means is that electronically produced sounds have finally, definitively, worked their way out of stigma and obscurity, which they arguably have been for a good 2 decades (in some backlash I have no real idea the origin of). This has been happening steadily for the last 6+ years, but this year is the year where pop culture's collective memory of electronic music's 'non-coolness' has seemed to have quickly been erased. What this means is electronic sounds are not just for nerds anymore. I can see why this thread doesn't make sense to most of watmm.

*zing*

Guest dylanmcknd

I was going to say something about 2001, but 2013 has really been made great by all this rephlex stuff.

I mean, I loved Exai and TH but it's all these rephlex things that's really pushing the year overboard, imo.

Can someone list the new rephlex/braindance stuff? would b amazin, cheers!

The two EDM albums, the two EOD albums, photodementia, aleksi perala's mental union 3, ultrademon (not really my cup of tea but whatever) and the upcoming bochum welt and d'arcangelo albums. (d'arcangelo is a 2xcd)

We're talking 9 albums from rephlex braindance goodness 7 of which are solid and the other two are more than likely going to be great.

All in one year, (and it's very possible that we'll get EDM C2 this year as well!)

I agree with the general consesus. For IDM it's defintley 2001.

Even if 2013 is the best since a decade, we're not even close to 2001:

Confield, Qtio/Claro, Lipswith/Aleamapper, Drukqs, Go Plastic, Songs About My Cats, Brownout, Farenheit Fair Enough, Fyuti, Sellotape Flowers, Cryptoburners, Drei, Wasted Sunday, Logatech/Links Oben, AER (Valid), Kids Fill The Floor...

I was going to say something about 2001, but 2013 has really been made great by all this rephlex stuff.

I mean, I loved Exai and TH but it's all these rephlex things that's really pushing the year overboard, imo.

Can someone list the new rephlex/braindance stuff? would b amazin, cheers!

The two EDM albums, the two EOD albums, photodementia, aleksi perala's mental union 3, ultrademon (not really my cup of tea but whatever) and the upcoming bochum welt and d'arcangelo albums. (d'arcangelo is a 2xcd)

We're talking 9 albums from rephlex braindance goodness 7 of which are solid and the other two are more than likely going to be great.

All in one year, (and it's very possible that we'll get EDM C2 this year as well!)

Yes. 2013 being a good year is mainly because the amounts of quality that's been released is so much bigger. Almost to 2001 levels. Although the productivity of Rephlex might be an all time high. Dunno, though. But it feels like the spirit of venetian snares taking over the release planning of Rephlex.

I will explicitly refrain from qualitative comparisons between 2001-2013, or any other year. I'm just happy I can spend my money on new quality tunes again.

2013 - The Best Year For Electornic Music In Recorded History?

Maybe not the best in the recorded history, but definitely one of the best years.

The reason why 2013 is a good year for electronic music is that there is so much fresh blood in it. It is once again becoming the mode of expression for a new generation, and it is fast working it's way back in as the general 'ambiance' for western culture. What this means is that electronically produced sounds have finally, definitively, worked their way out of stigma and obscurity, which they arguably have been for a good 2 decades (in some backlash I have no real idea the origin of). This has been happening steadily for the last 6+ years, but this year is the year where pop culture's collective memory of electronic music's 'non-coolness' has seemed to have quickly been erased. What this means is electronic sounds are not just for nerds anymore. I can see why this thread doesn't make sense to most of watmm.

*zing*

i agree with all of this, but the reason the thread didn't make sense to me is because even that included it's still not even close to being the best year of electronic music in recorded history, which is what the thread title literally said. It's an exiting transitionary time for sure

I think there's been a kind of cynicism cast over pop culture for the last few years, which has caused a lot of people to just say fuck it and do things the easy way. Like last year, I feel like Squarepusher was saying fuck it with Ufabulum and Mouse on Mars with Parastrophics. I liked those albums (expecially parastrophics) but I got the impression that the dudes were not trying so hard, that they were giving in to trends and just kickin back and making tunes. This probably has something to do with the normalizing of electronic music people are talking about.

This year is better, more of the new material I've heard feels fresh and creative. It's been a great year for music of all sorts.

edit - oh shit Book of Souls! Yay 2013!! http://www.webofmimicry.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=104

• 2 years later...

2013 was very excellent

but nothing compares to 2015/14 imo, not with the soundcloud dumps and new opn and etc.

i think new rdj, autechre, boc and the sounddumps and renewed output by other braindance guys in one year would of been too much

honestly 2013, 2014, 2015 have all really quenched an IDM drought - when I joined here in 2008 I was doing so because I had exhausted all of RDJ's then known catalogue to find out more about his obscure, unreleased, and live stuff

Archived