IGNORED

Various Artists - Heading for Outer Space

Root5

Not picking a favourite, but I'd like to give lots of love to Azimuth. It reminds me of early aphex/caustic window, and seems like it really needs to be matched with some wide-angle video of landscapes at sunrise.

Guest rrredarmyyy

Going in for a second listen. This comp feels really consistent while still being distinctly different artists. Peaceful and deep, good-trip stuff, but the tracks aren't sterile or lacking in character. They take their time and evolve naturally. Really good work you guys!

Guest Rulohead32

I'm glad to have been a part of this. I'm QBLA for those who don't know.

Same here. Thanks to Root5 for doing this. It was fun.

I'm hearing it for the first time and I gotta say your track impressed me, Hanratty!

Nice work, looking forward to hearing the long play.

Oh, and I think I already know who is Melema ;)

Guest Rulohead32

speak up!

Oh, and I think I already know who is Melema ;)

is it Anthony? :rhubear2:

well i don't know his/her real name, though.

Cytoplantastic Records has just released it's first EP: "Heading for Outer Space"

a2866028152_2.jpg

This EP is made of tracks that were submitted for the Rogue Planets compilation album (which is coming out soon!). But this is NOT a selection of tracks that were not good enough to make the album. These tracks are all gems that I couldn't bear not to publish in some shape or form. They are stylistically more whimsicle than the upcoming tribute album, and worked much better as a seperate EP. The sense of whimsy is matched by the excellent collage style album and track art by asymetrical head (aka Leftm).

The album can be listened to and downloaded from here: http://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/album/heading-for-outer-space

I want to stress that this is a free album by and for that watmm community. There is an option to donate money, to give people an option in case the maximum number of downloads for a month is exceeded (but don't worry, we've never come close to that).

haha whimsicle... good band or track name

For QBLA (made 'The Galaxy Is Here') is one of the melody lines sampled from 'Lilac Moon Light (Disjecta Mix)'? Great track btw!

Yes. I sampled it from that track. The beat I sampled from Outkast - Elevators. The occasional "It's Gettin' Kind of Heavy" sample is from Sunshine Anderson, forgot the name of the track.

For QBLA (made 'The Galaxy Is Here') is one of the melody lines sampled from 'Lilac Moon Light (Disjecta Mix)'? Great track btw!

Yes. I sampled it from that track. The beat I sampled from Outkast - Elevators. The occasional "It's Gettin' Kind of Heavy" sample is from Sunshine Anderson, forgot the name of the track.

Cool! Thanks for the info!

Cytoplantastic Records has just released it's first EP: "Heading for Outer Space"

a2866028152_2.jpg

This EP is made of tracks that were submitted for the Rogue Planets compilation album (which is coming out soon!). But this is NOT a selection of tracks that were not good enough to make the album. These tracks are all gems that I couldn't bear not to publish in some shape or form. They are stylistically more whimsicle than the upcoming tribute album, and worked much better as a seperate EP. The sense of whimsy is matched by the excellent collage style album and track art by asymetrical head (aka Leftm).

The album can be listened to and downloaded from here: http://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/album/heading-for-outer-space

I want to stress that this is a free album by and for that watmm community. There is an option to donate money, to give people an option in case the maximum number of downloads for a month is exceeded (but don't worry, we've never come close to that).

haha whimsicle... good band or track name

Well fuck :facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived