IGNORED

Post Punk / New Wave / etc

Berk

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/3/2022 at 9:29 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Oh man. I’m embarrassed that I haven’t listened to Pere Ubu until yesterday. I always thought they were going to sound completely different. Luckily I can dive in deep now. 

They kinda seem like they are the American answer to Wire. Also, kinda cool to find out that they evolved out of the same band that split into the Dead Boys  

The Modern Dance, if you haven’t yet!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/29/2022 at 8:04 PM, ManjuShri said:

I had gotten into the glove as a teenager in the 90s while exploring siouxsie and the banshees and the cure and completely forgot about them until a few years ago when I happened upon

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recorded a mixtape of some of my favourite post-punk and related tracks recently, maybe some of you will like it. Been meaning to add a tracklist, will try to get around to it during the coming weekend. PM me for lossless download. \

NB; Wubbo Occult refers to Wubbo Ockels, one of the few dutch astronauts and doemdenken is a word invented by one of the netherland's greatest comedy duo's; van Kooten en de Bie, literally it translates to "doom thinking". They coined this word/phrase in the late 80's (I believe) and it has since become part of regular dutch nomenclature. The spoken word snippet between the first and second track is from the sketch where this term was introduced and roughly translates to:

"An insufferable and ridiculous negative mood is dominating the netherlands. Only half a year ago mentioning the possibility of a third world war was as much of a taboo as speaking about suicide. But now if you don't participate in this constant negative stream of thought and make this doom thinking the essence of your entire being you are no longer relevant."

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...