• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Keep meaning to go through this thread. So many bands I’ve never heard of which is kind of rare for me, so my curiosity is spiked. Not that I’m a brainbox of music (well I guess I am compared to your average top 40 droid on the street) but usually I’ve got some idea of what’s goin’ on but this thread seems a huge blind spot. I think I could hold a better conversation about Trojan Records. I think it’s more the New Wave stuff than the Post Punk. Curious.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

so, I dunno who post this and att I  didn't care too much about it but it just clicked last week... it's all free on bandcamp and it's pretty damn cool... keep in mind I don't know shit about this genre...

https://utrortu.bandcamp.com/

this is the song that introduced me into them:

this is perfect for depressed times:

and this kind of shit, which sounds like folklore vocals mixed with hypnotic repetitive drums... ??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man. I’m embarrassed that I haven’t listened to Pere Ubu until yesterday. I always thought they were going to sound completely different. Luckily I can dive in deep now. 

They kinda seem like they are the American answer to Wire. Also, kinda cool to find out that they evolved out of the same band that split into the Dead Boys  

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...