IGNORED

Synthesizers

Joyrex

It's funny because now of course modular synths look completely different :

large-format-modular-synthesizer.jpg

OK, am I imagining things, or is that a Gallifreyian symbol on the synth (on the upper right part, the round logo)?

Yeah, it is. I'm such a Doctor Who nerd.

Guest cult fiction

Totally off topic but

a lot of people complain about how most of the people who own expensive modular systems don't know how to use them, or make amateurish noise experiments. I saw a video on youtube where a modular manufacturer was saying that if the market for modular systems was only as big as those who want to use them to make music, it'd be too small for that company to stay in business.

So really we should all be glad that talentless hobbyists are buying up loads of modern modular systems because otherwise they wouldn't exist.

On the other hand, people who buy vintage synthesizers that are no longer in production and don't use them are terrible people.

Sorry for the crap sound quality, but Jack Dangers has an impressive rig about 1:11 into this vid. He calls it "The Thumb" if I remember correctly.
[youtubehd]qgsdquC8YUM[/youtubehd]
Not sure what synth he uses for that primary melody tho. ARP 2600 maybe?

So really we should all be glad that talentless hobbyists are buying up loads of modern modular systems because otherwise they wouldn't exist.

and the world would be a better place

OK, am I imagining things, or is that a Gallifreyian symbol on the synth (on the upper right part, the round logo)?

Are you talking about the justified ancients of mu mu logo?

Edit: oh right. I guess it's the celtic looking one on the other side of the rack unit.

Are you talking about the justified ancients of mu mu logo?

Edit: oh right. I guess it's the celtic looking one on the other side of the rack unit.

No, not the pyramid with the boombox on it... yeah, you got it.

;)

Sorry for the crap sound quality, but Jack Dangers has an impressive rig about 1:11 into this vid. He calls it "The Thumb" if I remember correctly.

[youtubehd]qgsdquC8YUM[/youtubehd]

Not sure what synth he uses for that primary melody tho. ARP 2600 maybe?

looks like a buncha Roland system 100m.

Archived